Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 7" Touchscreen

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate bjm2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    412

    7" Touchscreen

    Has anybody had any problems setting up the 7" touchscreen from digitalww?

    I bought it preintalled with the TM702L. Here is my problem.

    The controller is working because after I set up the drivers the touchscreen works but when I touch one side of the screen it clicks the mouse on the opposite side.

    I have tried reinstalling the drivers a few times and nothing seems to work. Could this be a problem with my OS or hardware?

    Here are my specs:

    OS: Windows XP Pro
    Via EPIA 800 w/onboard video and sound
    3.5" 80 gb samsung hard drive
    3.5" dvd rom drive
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate osirisdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    686
    flip the touch overlay around.

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate bjm2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    412
    Would it void the warranty if I took it apart?
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    14
    I had to run the configuration utility for the touch screen with my TM701 to get round the similar problem. Execute the 4 point test.

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate bjm2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    412
    The 4 point test doesn't work. The bullseye on the first marker never goes away.
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    14
    You need to keep your finger pressed on that bullseye until the system gives you a beep and moves on to the next bullseye. That's about three seconds.

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate bjm2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by hapination
    You need to keep your finger pressed on that bullseye until the system gives you a beep and moves on to the next bullseye. That's about three seconds.
    I tried that, it doesn't work. I keep my finger on it all the way until the yellow bar at the bottom goes all the way up and it says test failed after.

    What is weird is that when I do the draw test I noticed that it doesn't draw on the whole screen. It misses the edges of the screen. That may be my problem.
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

  8. #8
    FLAC chut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX. USA
    Posts
    1,375
    Can you see if the touchscreen overlay is completely covering your display. Mine doesn't and I have the same problem plus one other. I've already requested an RMA on this screen. Waiting to hear back.

    Peter




    Quote Originally Posted by bjm2020
    I tried that, it doesn't work. I keep my finger on it all the way until the yellow bar at the bottom goes all the way up and it says test failed after.

    What is weird is that when I do the draw test I noticed that it doesn't draw on the whole screen. It misses the edges of the screen. That may be my problem.

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate bjm2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by chut
    Can you see if the touchscreen overlay is completely covering your display. Mine doesn't and I have the same problem plus one other. I've already requested an RMA on this screen. Waiting to hear back.

    Peter
    Well that sucks, how do you sell a touchscreen kit that does that doesn't even fit on the screen that goes with it.

    How can I tell the overlay is covering the display?
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

  10. #10
    FLAC chut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX. USA
    Posts
    1,375
    yea,

    I'm not real pleased with the quality of the screen as delivered. And, even though I received the monitor last week, the seller that I bought it from is telling me I have to go direct to xenarc for support. That bites the big one also. Had I known, I would have gone through another dealer. On my screen I can see that the overlay doesn't cover the entire display. If you can't see it on yours then I'd guess it's probably ok. I have a real problem with companies lack of support, the attitude "i'm just a reseller" doesn't sit well with me. Oh well, vote with your dollars. I bought mine on Ebay from a seller called Logictechnologies.

    Given the chance of doing it again, I wouldn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by bjm2020
    Well that sucks, how do you sell a touchscreen kit that does that doesn't even fit on the screen that goes with it.

    How can I tell the overlay is covering the display?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •