Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Pioneer Steering Wheel Remote and Winlirc

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    20

    Question Pioneer Steering Wheel Remote and Winlirc

    I was just wondering if any of you have tryed using this remote with winlirc and if you have how did it work with it?
    http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=PIOCDSR80

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by jillthewhor_e
    I was just wondering if any of you have tryed using this remote with winlirc and if you have how did it work with it?
    http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=PIOCDSR80
    I am planning on doing a simular thing. I have a Kenwood RC700 remote control and an IR receiver using a TSOP 1736 (Sky IR remote control eye). I want to test it with winlirc and if this works then make a full IR receiver using a PIC to serial circuit. I'll let you know when I've tested it.

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate Magnezium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    195
    I have that remote, but not winLirc... I love that remote. In fact, mine is in my pocket. I forgot to put it back on the wheel. It's great because it's works dually as a hand and wheel remote.

    Mg.
    Just your friendly neighborhood computer specialist.

    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6
    Silver/Black
    Looks like new... Wanna know why they call me "Crash"?

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnezium
    I have that remote, but not winLirc... I love that remote. In fact, mine is in my pocket. I forgot to put it back on the wheel. It's great because it's works dually as a hand and wheel remote.

    Mg.
    ya i just got mine a few weeks ago and i take it everywhere with me.
    but since i got it i tested it with my homebrew ir receiver and winlirc and it works like a dream except for the Func button but i did buy it used so that MIGHT be the problem, oh well i can live without it

  5. #5
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647
    Just an FYI. If you have stearing wheel controls you can get an adaptor to send IR signals and keep it looking OEM.

    Just my .2.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate Sh0cker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    406
    hmm...all buttons worked for my pioneer (deh-p4400)
    Danny.

    "If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
    My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate none's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by jillthewhor_e
    ya i just got mine a few weeks ago and i take it everywhere with me.
    but since i got it i tested it with my homebrew ir receiver and winlirc and it works like a dream except for the Func button but i did buy it used so that MIGHT be the problem, oh well i can live without it

    I had trouble setting up the func button on winlirc as well. The button definitely works because I can see it when looking at raw codes, but it seems to operate on a different protocol than the rest of the buttons. If you start the learning process with this button, then it can be learned, but then the rest of the buttons cannot. Winlirc seems to only support one protocol per remote. It may be possible to set the button up as a separate remote, but I am not sure if winlirc supports simultaneous use of two remotes.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Defiler
    Just an FYI. If you have stearing wheel controls you can get an adaptor to send IR signals and keep it looking OEM.

    Just my .2.
    what type of adaptor? any more information about it?

  9. #9
    Raw Wave Defiler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Temple Terrace, Fl.
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by jillthewhor_e
    what type of adaptor? any more information about it?

    http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...&avf=N&search=
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

  10. #10
    Newbie funt4stic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    19
    Hi there !

    What recievers do you use with that CD-SR80 thing ? Where did you place the reciever ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •