Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: touch screen quits after hibernation

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    161

    touch screen quits after hibernation

    If I boot normally my touch screen works great, but if I hibernate and then come back the left click doesn't work anymore. I can right click and move the arrow around the screen but no left click. I am using a TSHARC serial controller. Any ideas?
    Steve

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    46
    Talk about reviving an old thread....
    I am having the same problem with my dynamax USB 7" touch screen. When resuming from hibernate everything seems to work except my touch screen. Is there a way to auto resume the touch screen software when hibernate resumes?

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate MobiTekLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Queens, NYC
    Posts
    641
    Same issue here, I have a Lilliput and a Xenarc and I'm having the same issues, it might be something to do with the drivers so I will soon try the old ones.
    The issue comes when entering hibernation and upon returning the touch screen only shows the last section used. No matter what you do it always stays there. I have to use a mouse and upon left-clicking anywhere on the screen it goes back to normal functioning.
    I was able to fix the issue before by disabling auto-right click since it seemed that it was "stuck" on right-click.
    If you have found a solution please let me know, as of now I'm having to restart everytime.
    08 Lincoln Navigator www.mobiteklink.com

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    46
    Well, my solution was to reformat and reinstall Windows XP Pro. I had Tiny XP installed and it just couldn't get it to work for some reason, may have been user error. Anyways, after installing a full version of Windows XP Pro everything works fine. My only issue now is that sometimes my USB GPS does not work after hibernate. It usually does, but occasionally I have to tell iGuidance to redect the receiver or restart the computer.

  5. #5
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    99
    there was a quick fix for these probs all you need to do is set the ts software as a start up item

  6. #6
    MySQL Error MatrixPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Beach City, Socal
    Posts
    4,053
    Most of the time, all usb and hibernation issue can be solved by upgrade/update driver. Group all USB1/1.1 into the same hub and all usb2.0 in another hub. Do not mix usb2.0 and usb1.
    If all those are fail, try this.
    http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showpost...7&postcount=15
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 600E@750/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    56
    I thought it was a reciever issue, but I'm having the same problem with my gps device. It only seems to be an issue with Iguidance, MS Street and Trips seems to be ok (still testing). Does iguidance lock onto the driver or run a service that is causing this? Devcon hasn't worked for me. But like I said, still testing.

    I'd really like to not restart, but that's still a last case solution.
    '02 Molten Silver SE-R Spec V
    K&N CAI Car-puter

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    46
    So far I have tried a few things and my GPS receiver with iGuidance 3 still acts funny.

    I created a batch file and added it to my startup folder as suggested. I see the batch file being executed when I resume from hibernation but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the GPS receiver.

    I also removed the GPS receiver from my hub and plugged it directly into the motherboard hoping it would help.

    It is completely random when it works and when it doesn't. Sometimes it will resume from hibernation and work fine 2 or 3 times in a row; then the next time it won't work and I have to restart.

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate zPilott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    509
    I had the same problems and I just use devcon, similar to matrix's suggestion. Disableing the device itself doesn't seem to work, but turning off the hub does.

    One way to check to see if this solution will work for you is to physically unplug the TS usb cable when it is not working, then plug it in again. If it comes back and works properly, devcon can work for you

    |V1 Virtual Display|

    Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

  10. #10
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    56
    I feel like I'm posting the same thing all over a bunch of threads...oh well, hopefully a solution exists.

    The problem I'm having with Devcon is that it wont disable either the hub or specific device while it's in use. Says that disable will happen after restart. Is there a way to force it to disable without restart, because unplugging and replugging in the usb device does work.
    '02 Molten Silver SE-R Spec V
    K&N CAI Car-puter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •