Have you tested the battery?
I think my Gyration mouse is broke. The keyboard works wonderfully but the mouse is a different story. It dies in like under two minutes. I've charged it three times for over 24 hours. I hit Learn on the receiver then Teach on the mouse. It will work for 2 minutes and quit. The green light on top goes out along with the red "Power" LED and laser at the bottom. It doesn't work again till the process starts all over again. Any suggestions before I return it?
Have you tested the battery?
90% done - Sempron 64 2600+, MSI RS480M, 512mb, 80gb hd, 7" Lilliput, 802.11g pci, Itrek gps, Panasonic slim slot DVD/CDRW (broke :( ), Hauppage Wintv, Iguidance 2.0, Opus 150w, Griffin Powermate, Optima Yellowtop, Infiniti 6002i & 9603i
where do u charge the battery? is it hooked up in ur car? i noticed a lot , sort of like a cell phone battery , that charging it in ur car will just kill the battery over time. that is the reason why u shouldnt really use in-car chargers for cell phones. if u charge it in the car, it prob killed the battery over time and now u prob have to replace it, either way.
I've only charged it 3 times. Let it charge when I first got it for 24 hours. Tested it. Got 3 minutes out of it. Charged it again. The green lights are on while charging so it seems as if there is current getting the battery.
If your phone is old and only takes AC power adapters, or if it has a battery with a memory, then it will die being charged iether in the car or for short periods of time (which would happen in a car if your power socket is switched). Modern phone batteries don't have memories and it makes no difference if charged from AC or DC power or for how long.Originally Posted by outdidya
As for the gyration mouse, same thing happened to mine (and I wasusing it indoors). The batteries thye include are junk. Just rip it open and put osme new rechargeable batteries in (same kind, I forget what knid, ni-mh or sometihng, but look on the existing batteries) - they are jsut plain AA rechargeables. I eventually gave up on mine because it did this every 6 months or so. Touchscreen installed and I don't need the mouse anymore .
Are you using an ac inverter in your car to charge it? A modified sine wave inverter will kill most rechargeable devices. You need a pure sine wave inverter for that, and those are very expensive.
150 watt OPUS
tv/radio tuner card
Dual monitor Radeon
8" Lilliput touch screen
Check to make sure you charged the battery properly. The green light on the top of the mouse should "breathe" when charging (brighter and dimmer). Likewise, the green LED in the charging base.
I've had my charging base act funny sometimes and the lights didn't go on when putting the mouse in the base. I unplugged it and then replugged it. Seemed to work.
You ought to get quite awhile out of your mouse. I just got 2-1/2 days out of mine. Also, in the car, if you only power the mouse up when you need it, you can get a couple of weeks out of it.