Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Possible dumb question ... DVI Touchscreen monitors

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20

    Possible dumb question ... DVI Touchscreen monitors

    Howdy. Are there such things? DVI Touchscreen monitors? Yes I don't know much about these things, being way down on the learning curve. If they are not possible could someone give me the remedial version of why not. I tried search and didn't find any help.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate warnockm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnkrtn
    Howdy. Are there such things? DVI Touchscreen monitors? Yes I don't know much about these things, being way down on the learning curve. If they are not possible could someone give me the remedial version of why not. I tried search and didn't find any help.

    Thanks.
    DVI is just the plug for the output (display). There is another interface for the "touch" part, that's usually USB. Theres no reason i touch screen coudln't have a DVI interface, but i haven't seen it. Usually the DVI we see are high resolution analog interfaces. Some DVI interfaces actually carry a digital signal. I can't see the benefit to a DVI-A plug on our tiny touch screens.
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

  3. #3
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    dvi is usually larger monitors.... there may be some 15" but the majority are 17" & up..... a dvi 7" would be awsome, but I haven't seen anything personally smaller than 17"....

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20

    Word from Xenarc

    I quized the Xenarc web site with my question. This is the response I got from them ... FWIW.

    "Thank you for your interest in our products.

    We will be introducing a DVI version of our monitors at CES this year.
    Please check our website in mid January for any updates."

  5. #5
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnkrtn
    I quized the Xenarc web site with my question. This is the response I got from them ... FWIW.

    "Thank you for your interest in our products.

    We will be introducing a DVI version of our monitors at CES this year.
    Please check our website in mid January for any updates."

    Sure they will, right after they release their motorized display unit, as well as a superbright, sunlight viewable TS VGA unit.

    Don't believe everything they tell you.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate WhoIsThisGuy?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    152
    they probably are LOOKING to, but they are looking to do LOADS of things which rarely materialise (at least on schedule. )

    M10K, Lilli 7", 512MB, 80Gb HD, slim CD-RW/DVD Combi, nLite Win XP, CentraFuse.


    Planned for years, built for ages, tested for a while, almost installed, never gonna be perfect...

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Sure they will, right after they release their motorized display unit, as well as a superbright, sunlight viewable TS VGA unit.

    Don't believe everything they tell you.

    Michael
    Humm? Learn something new everyday . Thanks for the input. Are there good sunlight viewable TS monitors available? As I've searched the forum I see a general trend to evaluate Xenarc as "better" than Lilliput. What else is out there? Thanks again.

    bruce

  8. #8
    ptk
    ptk is offline
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    333

    this is DVI.
    advantage is obvious, no sync issue.
    ***
    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Similar Threads

  1. PT Cruiser 7 touchscreen monitors, high end CarPC
    By Vinister in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 06:41 AM
  2. WTB: Kenwood Car Touchscreen Monitors
    By RoyN in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 11:57 AM
  3. Two 7" Touchscreen Monitors
    By jacw in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 04:58 PM
  4. dumb question. how do you turn on the pc?
    By Heedunk in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-03-2001, 01:49 AM
  5. Dumb newbie question for those who use invertors:-)
    By travlingtunes in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2000, 04:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •