1. yes they have face plates
2. probably not an issue, just make sure its supported from underneath as well
3. they use 44pin to 40pin ide adapters..
4. not the only way, but the only way to run it a distance
you can get the 44pin-40pin ide connector, then connect the drive to an available ide cable in your case
5. they are all ide, but again, you can get adaptors
depends where you want to put it, and how far from the case, more than a couple feet, get the usb/firewire adaptor, within a foot or 2 from the case, just use the 44-40pin adaptor, and use an available ide cable from in the case