Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 634

Thread: GREAT DEAL: 10.4" Touchscreen - Samsung LCD $215!

  1. #111
    Variable Bitrate Uraijit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    305
    Edited:

    I was all ****ed off because I hadn't gotten any response to my e-mails and it's been 10 days since I placed the order without any action being taken.

    I went ahead and called them, and pressed 1 to talk to a sales guy (even though it says not to for inquiries). They said that the Zip was wrong on my billing address, and that was why it hadn't shipped. I was a bit annoyed that they hadn't just called and confirmed it with me, and I guess they could tell. Then he tells me that they've run out of the 8" screen since my order was placed, and that they won't be getting any more for at least a week. He offered to upgrade me to two 10" screens for free, and so I took it! He said they'll be here in 3-4 business days.

    Kick-***!
    Greedy
    -Adj.
    Anybody who makes significantly more money than you do.

    The Hoe-Puter Worklog

    Progress (Phase one):

    Planning:
    [----------] 97.3%
    Parts Aquisition:
    [----------] 95%
    Install:
    [----------] 95%

  2. #112
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    15
    I bought an 8' one to run off my backup camera and Mac. It connects and works fine on the Mac although I haven't got the touch kit drivers to work yet.

    The back up camera is a different story. it has a yellow male RCA plug output. I know I can convert it to a VGA plug but then how do I run my computer at the same time?

    Does anyone have any idea what the small male plug that splits off from the VGA plug is for? Is that where I want to connect my camera and if so what kind of a converter would I use for connecting it it?

    Thanks in advance!

    PGR

  3. #113
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    High Desert, Ca
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by paulriccardi View Post
    I bought an 8' one to run off my backup camera and Mac. It connects and works fine on the Mac although I haven't got the touch kit drivers to work yet.

    The back up camera is a different story. it has a yellow male RCA plug output. I know I can convert it to a VGA plug but then how do I run my computer at the same time?
    Does anyone have any idea what the small male plug that splits off from the VGA plug is for? Is that where I want to connect my camera and if so what kind of a converter would I use for connecting it it?

    Thanks in advance!

    PGR
    From what I gathered on the camera (I ordered one also) the screen switches over to the camera (i.e. video1,video2) when there is a signal from your vehicle saying you are in reverse. I believe you are supposed to power the camera from the wires going to your taillights since that is the closet source that would be activated in reverse (your backup lights). As far as the yellow connector. I thought you would just extend it to where ever your screen is and plug it in. Once you go into reverse, there will be a video signal (turning on the camera and your screen will jump over to that signal and then back when it's off.

    Anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

  4. #114
    Variable Bitrate Uraijit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    305
    Why don't you just plug the camera into the RCA input on the screen? I don't know if this screen has an "auto-switching" feature or not. If it does, you could wire your camera to turn on when you put your car in reverse.

    If it's possible, I plan on using a splitter, and splitting the RCA signal from my backup cam. I'll run one input directly to the screen so that it will switch to it immediately when backing up. Then, once the computer boots up, the second cable will go into the RCA input on my computer, which will then record and keep the last hour or so cached on the harddrive. Could be usefull if it recorded an accident or something. I plan on putting a windshield cam in, and doing the same for the front.
    Greedy
    -Adj.
    Anybody who makes significantly more money than you do.

    The Hoe-Puter Worklog

    Progress (Phase one):

    Planning:
    [----------] 97.3%
    Parts Aquisition:
    [----------] 95%
    Install:
    [----------] 95%

  5. #115
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    15
    I would love to but the monitor doesn't have any RCA inputs, just a female VGA plug with this little male plug attached and no directions, of course.

    PGR

  6. #116
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3
    Can someone help me out with my problem please.....I would really appreciate all the suggestions I could get.

    "Hi I went ahead and bought the 8" one. Originally I was going to use a gooseneck to mount the monitor but now I want to put it in my dash. I have enough room to mount the monitor but I won't be able to see the whole screen since the monitor is 4:3 and my mounting area is 16:9 and it's really bugging me. Is there a way to shrink the viewable area using a third party program or can I do anything from windows display setting at all."

  7. #117
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    54

    Which camera

    Which camera did you purchase? Got a link or part number?

    d
    Quote Originally Posted by fcastle View Post
    From what I gathered on the camera (I ordered one also) the screen switches over to the camera (i.e. video1,video2) when there is a signal from your vehicle saying you are in reverse. I believe you are supposed to power the camera from the wires going to your taillights since that is the closet source that would be activated in reverse (your backup lights). As far as the yellow connector. I thought you would just extend it to where ever your screen is and plug it in. Once you go into reverse, there will be a video signal (turning on the camera and your screen will jump over to that signal and then back when it's off.

    Anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

  8. #118
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    15
    I got my camera off ebay. It is wired and comes with a white and a yellow RCA male plug on the end of the cable (for audio & video) but my 8" monitor only has a VGA plug hanging off it plus a usb type receptacle on the side that is marked A/V. I have no idea what kind of converter or cable to connect into this usb type plug!

    pgr

  9. #119
    Variable Bitrate Uraijit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by paulriccardi View Post
    I would love to but the monitor doesn't have any RCA inputs, just a female VGA plug with this little male plug attached and no directions, of course.

    PGR
    Weird. I notice that the USB port on the side says "A/V". EDIT: You just said that. Was there an adapter that might have the RCA inputs on it? Is there another USB port for the touchscreen, or is that it?

    Sorry, I can't help with figuring this out until my screens arrive. Hopefully I'll get them tomorrow. But then again, I'm getting the 10" ones, so they might be completely different.
    Greedy
    -Adj.
    Anybody who makes significantly more money than you do.

    The Hoe-Puter Worklog

    Progress (Phase one):

    Planning:
    [----------] 97.3%
    Parts Aquisition:
    [----------] 95%
    Install:
    [----------] 95%

  10. #120
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NH Seacoast
    Posts
    15
    No adaptors, unfortunately. There is a usb cable that comes out for the touchscreen, however.

    pgr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •