Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 634

Thread: GREAT DEAL: 10.4" Touchscreen - Samsung LCD $215!

  1. #11
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    356
    excellent, so does the 8 inch touchscreen they have also come with AC plug?

    thanks for your posting on these great deals. Samsung panels are some of the best lcd's.

    It's funny how the name on the outside of lcd monitors is what you pay for and not the inside actual panel.

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Snortonnorton View Post
    excellent, so does the 8 inch touchscreen they have also come with AC plug?

    thanks for your posting on these great deals. Samsung panels are some of the best lcd's.

    It's funny how the name on the outside of lcd monitors is what you pay for and not the inside actual panel.
    I am not sure about the 8", i only own the 10.4". Yeah, Samsung LCDs are the best! I live in FL and even in direct sunlight the screen looks just fine and bright, i am very impressed!
    - Mike

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Den Haag
    Posts
    30
    Does it have a model number of TM-1040 by any chance (and the 8 inch would be TM-8200) ???

    Thanks

  4. #14
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    211
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is identical to the Lilliput. My 10.4 has a Samsung panel.

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15
    Did you find out what the dimensions are of just the LCD panel without the housing. I'm thinking about getting one of these but would like to know what the size is first so I know whether it will fit what I am trying to do.

    Are you going to run this in landscape mode or in portrait mode?

    I would love to do it in portrait mode if it would support it or if someone would be able to tell me how I could do it.

    Allen

  6. #16
    Super Moderator. If my typing sucks it's probably because I'm driving.... turbocad6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,234
    you have to check the viewing angles before you determine that the screen is suitable for portrait mode, some lcds have decent left to right viewing angles but not so great either up or down. when you turn the screen sideways up & down become left & right, this can result in crappy viewing angles to the driver or passenger.

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    114
    The complete panel size is 9"x7" and the actual display of the LCD, the viewable part is 6.5"x8.5"
    - Mike

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocad6 View Post
    you have to check the viewing angles before you determine that the screen is suitable for portrait mode, some lcds have decent left to right viewing angles but not so great either up or down. when you turn the screen sideways up & down become left & right, this can result in crappy viewing angles to the driver or passenger.

    This particular monitor just says this in the specs

    Visual angle: 150 ,Brightness: 300 ,Contrast: 320


    I'm guessing this is 150 degrees, but the question i guess would be is this up and down, left or right, or from all around.

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by thepunkerguy View Post
    The complete panel size is 9"x7" and the actual display of the LCD, the viewable part is 6.5"x8.5"
    - Mike
    Hello Mike,

    You wouldn't have any pictures of what the LCD panel looks like without the housing, or how you plan to mount the LCD panel to your bezel, do you?

    Allen

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by thumpinbass View Post
    Hello Mike,

    You wouldn't have any pictures of what the LCD panel looks like without the housing, or how you plan to mount the LCD panel to your bezel, do you?

    Allen
    I'll see what i can find for pics when i get home. I already molded mine into my dash bezel a month or two ago, it looks awesome. Works great too!
    - Mike

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •