Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 634

Thread: GREAT DEAL: 10.4" Touchscreen - Samsung LCD $215!

  1. #481
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3

    Contrast issue and cable hole

    Ok, I ordered this and received it with no problems. I hooked it up to my laptop and everything was pink. I tried everything, but the only way to fix the color on my screen is set the contrast to 25%, brightness 25%. Anything above that the screen turns a pinkish tint (see bottom picture). I opened it up, mainly because the lcd and touchscreen weren't centered in the case, and noticed that the wenxin E230343 cable had a hole right in the center. I looked through other take apart pictures and saw that others didn't have this. Should I order a new cable and could this be the cause of the pinkishness/contrast issue? I'm guessing this cable transfers the info to the lcd, so if certain color info is missing, the pink may be appearing? Any help would be great. Thanks


  2. #482
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24

    I can help you fix your touchscreen

    Quote Originally Posted by huyvu90 View Post
    I damaged my touchscreen. I dropped a mount on it and it made a scratch mark on the screen. When I power up, the mouse is stuck on scratch. The screen display is good though only the touchscreen is messed up.

    Is there a way to fix it?

    What can I do to protect the screen? I noticed that touch screen in public kiosk are much more harder. It feels more like thick glass.
    From your said, it seems that the touch screen panel is broken. There are two screen on this machine, one is TFT LCD screen for display, another is touch screen for touch control function. If only touch screen broken, the cost is only USD15.00, if TFT LCD screen broken, the cost is over USD45.00. I will send you private message to tell you my address if you need.

  3. #483
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by onVon View Post
    From your said, it seems that the touch screen panel is broken. There are two screen on this machine, one is TFT LCD screen for display, another is touch screen for touch control function. If only touch screen broken, the cost is only USD15.00, if TFT LCD screen broken, the cost is over USD45.00. I will send you private message to tell you my address if you need.
    Sweet. Where can I buy the touch screen for $15?

  4. #484
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorng35 View Post
    Ok, I ordered this and received it with no problems. I hooked it up to my laptop and everything was pink. I tried everything, but the only way to fix the color on my screen is set the contrast to 25%, brightness 25%. Anything above that the screen turns a pinkish tint (see bottom picture). I opened it up, mainly because the lcd and touchscreen weren't centered in the case, and noticed that the wenxin E230343 cable had a hole right in the center. I looked through other take apart pictures and saw that others didn't have this. Should I order a new cable and could this be the cause of the pinkishness/contrast issue? I'm guessing this cable transfers the info to the lcd, so if certain color info is missing, the pink may be appearing? Any help would be great. Thanks

    The LCD looks great but the quality and workmanship is horrible. Lol. I can't believe there is a hole in that cable.

  5. #485
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24

    USD15 for touch screen glass as repair parts, not whole material

    Quote Originally Posted by huyvu90 View Post
    Sweet. Where can I buy the touch screen for $15?
    USD15 for touch screen glass as repair parts, not whole material; If your TM-1040 touch screen broken and you hope to change new it, the cost is really only USD15.00; touch screen is only one glass on the TM-1040, which verify your touch position. It is not the video display.

  6. #486
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    49

    same problem with gooddeals18.com

    these guys are husslers they charged my card back for teh screen i bought only to charge me again the next day, and then they never answer the phones even during business hours, nor answer emails

  7. #487
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    hello I'm a new french user of this site and I had just bought this fabulous 8" touchscreen but I've got a a little problem:

    in fact when I touch the 8" for example drawing a window, it's appear on the 22"..and nothing on the 8"
    and when I load the calibration's tool it's appear on the 22" and I can calibrate it by touching the 8", it's not comfortable!
    the touchkit software show : 1 touchkit devices
    2 monitors
    and I think it should be : 1touchkit devices
    1 monitors
    I would like the touchkit only interact with the 8"
    my nvidia nview's driver is on dualview, I run under vista
    I hope your reply

  8. #488
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by onVon View Post
    USD15 for touch screen glass as repair parts, not whole material; If your TM-1040 touch screen broken and you hope to change new it, the cost is really only USD15.00; touch screen is only one glass on the TM-1040, which verify your touch position. It is not the video display.
    so where can I order the touchscreen?

  9. #489
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norton, MA
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by kengel77 View Post
    hello I'm a new french user of this site and I had just bought this fabulous 8" touchscreen but I've got a a little problem:

    in fact when I touch the 8" for example drawing a window, it's appear on the 22"..and nothing on the 8"
    and when I load the calibration's tool it's appear on the 22" and I can calibrate it by touching the 8", it's not comfortable!
    the touchkit software show : 1 touchkit devices
    2 monitors
    and I think it should be : 1touchkit devices
    1 monitors
    I would like the touchkit only interact with the 8"
    my nvidia nview's driver is on dualview, I run under vista
    I hope your reply
    It may be easier if you setup your 8" LCD on the computer you plan on running in your car and not with the 22" LCD attached. You may try dissabling the 22" screen and run only the 8" screen until it is all calibrated but I don't see you running the 8" and 22" simultaniously in a car unless you are using the 8" for some home use install maybe (giving me ides of a sweet HTPC controller molded into a console on the couch or something.)

    For simplicity sake I would say setup the 8" with dualview disabled and the 8" as the only monitor. You may have to hunt around in the Nvidia and windows display settings to make the 8" as the primary display while trying to calibrate it, otherwise I would again suggest running just the 8" while calibrating and hoping that the calibration sticks when the 22" is setup again.
    2005 Ford F-350 crew cab 4x4 6.0L SRW LWB

    Planning:
    [|||||||||-] 95%
    Parts Aquisition:
    [||||||----] 60%
    Install:
    [|||||||||-] 90%

    Finally getting Built

  10. #490
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2
    hello!
    thank for your reply jdc753 the solution was easier..
    in fact I had to valid multi monitor option in touchkit' s panel, that's allow to doubleclick on the 8" image sreen to activate the driver on this panel!

    for this 8" it was to build a new pc case(for monitoring, incoming mails, watch web tv, media center unit, multi-screen and more) the next one will be for my next car because actually I've got an old good 91' ford sierra 1.8td (don't laugh!) and I'm waiting for intel's atom to put in here.

    for htpc controller sorry I think there is nothing better than a good remote control that I can use in different place, use the eyes closed and "throw" it away after; now I'm sure I'll change of point of view if it was a wireless 4/5" screen..

    to back to screen I don't find how to disable mouse's cursor on it and I would like to know if sound can only come by the rca audio connector plug on usb port?

    I'm affraid to take off the protect film put on it; how about scrath resistance?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •