NEC Panel and Elo Touch Screen Hookup
I have a NEC 10.4" LCD Display Model No. NL6448AC33-18, and inverter board along with an ELO Touchsystems 10.4” glass touchscreen (SAW), ELO touchscreen controller Model No. CTR-250000 (the serial one).
I bought a LCD controller panel off ebay. Here is the info on it.
VGA to LVDS TFT LCD Controller with back Light Inverter
* Input: VGA
* VGA Input: 640x480 to 1280x1024
* LCD Panel Connection: Both LVDS / TTL
* Support Panel Pixel: VGA 640x480 to 1366x768 (8" or above, nearly all 10" to 22" LCD)
* One low tension output for back light
* Power consumption: 12V 2 to 4A
* 1x LCD Controller
* 1x Keypad Board
* 1x Single Lamp BackLight Inverter
* 1x 110~240 12V 4A power adapter (power cord not included)
* 1x Controller to LCD Connection Cable
* 1x VGA Cable
I have yet to receive the LCD controller in the mail but when the parts arrive I can hookup the LCD and run windows xp. I don't know whether to use the inverter board that I originally got with the NEC LCD Panel (A NEC 104PWCJ1-C) or use the one that is coming with the LCD controller.
I know the end of the Elo Saw touch screen plugs into the Elo Controller Board where P3 and P4 is used for power, and P2 is used for serial.
The problem I have is with making a cable for the serial I found this board http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...roducts_id=449
which takes RS232 serial cable and makes it TTL (and visa versa) so I can use Vcc Gnd, Rx, Tx on that board which I would connect to the appropriate pins on P2. I don't know if this would work.
I have done some research on this forum already and I have seen people have made cables with this board and touch screen before. Any help is greatly appreciated.