Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 147

Thread: UPDATE #2: TM-701l; Touch Panel Kit; "Xenarc" look inside

  1. #131
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6

    touch screen

    Armen

    is this going to be plug and play so to speak? what else do we need to get this to work on the laptop.

    thanks

    Jeff

  2. #132
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883

    Re: touch screen

    Originally posted by JeffA
    Armen

    is this going to be plug and play so to speak? what else do we need to get this to work on the laptop.

    thanks

    Jeff
    Are you asking about a touch panel for your laptop? I will only have 7" & 5.8" panels available. Let me know.

  3. #133
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    Originally posted by AcuraTLFan
    2 WHOLE WEEKS?!??!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait any longer! Chinese new year is this friday. Do the chinese take 1 week off for new year? I better be getting a unit from the first batch.
    Many of the manufacturers I work with are off from the 1/30 to 2/7. Time will fly fast, hold on

  4. #134
    FLAC
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sef'Kylar
    Posts
    1,421
    Originally posted by AcuraTLFan
    2 WHOLE WEEKS?!??!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't wait any longer! Chinese new year is this friday. Do the chinese take 1 week off for new year? I better be getting a unit from the first batch.
    Ofen times yes
    aka Kumaneko
    "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
    Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
    mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
    Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

  5. #135
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6

    Re: Re: touch screen

    Originally posted by digitalww
    Are you asking about a touch panel for your laptop? I will only have 7" & 5.8" panels available. Let me know.
    i have a 7" lcd from pyle is also am/fm yadda yadda. i'd like to add the touch screen so that i can interface it to run the laptop for my mp3s etc...

    also what kind of connection would it use? usb, rs232 etc.

    thanks

    Jeff

  6. #136
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883

    Re: Re: Re: touch screen

    Originally posted by JeffA
    i have a 7" lcd from pyle is also am/fm yadda yadda. i'd like to add the touch screen so that i can interface it to run the laptop for my mp3s etc...

    also what kind of connection would it use? usb, rs232 etc.

    thanks

    Jeff
    Take a look at this diagram and compare the measurements to your monitor. Make sure it will fit before you buy the kit.

    Connection is via USB port, Click Here for Pictures

    Armen

  7. #137
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    North Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    352
    Armen, Im just looking at my toshiba libretto... you know whats coming
    Do you think you would be able to source an interface which is RS-232 rather thatn serial from your supplier, it would have to be DAMN small too.
    Or better still as I dont want to take up your time on this one, can you tell me what type of touch panel it is, capacitive or resistive?

    Also, the two links you posted, the drawing of the panel the wire exits at the top, the link to the picture, it exits at the side?!?

    Dave

  8. #138
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    294
    cool, as soon as you get them in put me down for one. Man can't wait, gonna be soooooo glad when you finally get them in.

  9. #139
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    Originally posted by thenominous
    Armen, Im just looking at my toshiba libretto... you know whats coming
    Do you think you would be able to source an interface which is RS-232 rather thatn serial from your supplier, it would have to be DAMN small too.
    Or better still as I dont want to take up your time on this one, can you tell me what type of touch panel it is, capacitive or resistive?

    Also, the two links you posted, the drawing of the panel the wire exits at the top, the link to the picture, it exits at the side?!?

    Dave
    I can probably get the RS-232 but it will have to be the next time I order from them. The panel is resistive and here is the actual pic of it (wire exits on top) Click Here. I also updated it on the website.

  10. #140
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    Originally posted by Alphared
    cool, as soon as you get them in put me down for one. Man can't wait, gonna be soooooo glad when you finally get them in.
    Not too long now

    Click here and tell me what option you going with.

    Armen

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •