figured it out
I'm exhausted troubleshooting the TS capability on my own so now i turn to the forum for some help. I've browsed and tried several things but no success.
I have an 8"ws lilliput touchscreen that works fine (i think). I say "i think" because a year ago i had trouble with the TS not working - the video came on fine, the touchkit software and drivers installed correctly, but the TS would not work. After i connected my bluetooth and logitech bluetooth keyboard, IT STARTED WORKING!!?!!!!! i didn't question it as i was very happy and jumping for joy... i even did the jiggy dance...
Those were the good old days. Until i recently replaced my mother board and HD. I got the Intel D945GCLF2 Dual-Core Atom and an 8gb SSD HD. Very exciting to have this! I installed winXP SP3 and everything is up and running.
However, back to the problem. No matter what i do i cannot get the TS to work.
From searching the forums, here's a list of things i've covered:
- Used original drivers on the CD that came with the unit.
- Also tried the recommended latest drivers.
- Installed XP SP3 and TS as the first device in case it's picky about com ports
- Disabled COM port 1 from bios
- changed the IRQ on COM port 1
What i haven't done:
- Used a USB 1.0 hub to connect TS to
- Tried troubleshooting under WinXP SP1
- Tried troubleshooting under WinXP SP2
- shot the computer with a round including 3 bullets to the TS and controller
- ran my car off a cliff
Of special interest and may be important to mention, is the fact that when my TS was working before - i would get two controllers showing up in the touchkit program? I'm not sure why: one controller would state "resistive" the second would state "4-wire" - if i removed the bluetooth adapter(s) the "4-wire" would go away and the TS would stop working....
you had to ask!!! Well, i'm certainly not going to ignore so here's the truth:
In the last year i had to replace the usb controller, therefore the USB attached to the VGA was voided and i had to use the one shipped with the controller which i forgot all about... embarrassing but true...
Now everything is working fine...
exiting the room very quietly now