Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Any Ideas on how to fix scratches on a touchscreen?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5

    Any Ideas on how to fix scratches on a touchscreen?

    I scratched my touchscreen in my mitsubishi lancer but it didn't damage the screen at. It just left like a scuff mark and now its all rough to the touch. Looks like the antiglare coating got scratched. Does anyone here know of a way to repair the screen?

    Thanks,
    Ryan

  2. #2
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Easiest way is to just replace the touch screen panel. You can buy them on ebay. I know the Lilliput EBY701 uses a 4 wire resistance touch screen. I dont know what screen you have though, since you didnt list it.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
    Easiest way is to just replace the touch screen panel. You can buy them on ebay. I know the Lilliput EBY701 uses a 4 wire resistance touch screen. I dont know what screen you have though, since you didnt list it.
    I have the oem Mitsubishi Multi Communication System (MMC) that came with my '09 Lancer

    attached is pics of the scratch
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  4. #4
    Raw Wave
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,118
    Maybe CD/DVD repair gunk? (Doubtful....?)

  5. #5
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    God d@mn.... did someone try to eat the touchpanel? Im honestly not sure, its a factory headunit so I dont know the internals of it. You may want to take the unit apart and take pictures of the touch panel. I would assume its a 4 wire touch panel, but i cant tell since sometimes they use exotic parts for their stuff.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
    God d@mn.... did someone try to eat the touchpanel? Im honestly not sure, its a factory headunit so I dont know the internals of it. You may want to take the unit apart and take pictures of the touch panel. I would assume its a 4 wire touch panel, but i cant tell since sometimes they use exotic parts for their stuff.
    no chance this would help?

    http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=17468

  7. #7
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    how about just scrapping the factory unit for a aftermarket unit? it would be probably be a whole lot cheaper(even $2k for a avic unit) than a replacement factory unit..

  8. #8
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    how about just scrapping the factory unit for a aftermarket unit? it would be probably be a whole lot cheaper(even $2k for a avic unit) than a replacement factory unit..
    I agree..... Or you can join us and install a Car PC system.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  9. #9
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX1Cruizer View Post
    I agree..... Or you can join us and install a Car PC system.
    i don't think your install can be considered 'just a carpc'

  10. #10
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,557
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    i don't think your install can be considered 'just a carpc'
    LOL, I had a name for my install but I cant remember.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knobs/buttons vs touchscreen?
    By impala454 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 02:06 AM
  2. blown input on my touchscreen! help me fix it!
    By jaynr in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 09:23 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 07:41 PM
  4. Touchscreen fix options...
    By Skipjacks in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 08:51 PM
  5. 7" Lilliput for sale NO TOUCHSCREEN
    By CDesigns in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 10:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •