Like Tree13Likes

Thread: "Transflective" LCD panel with res touch+controler for $101+$36 S+H

  1. #1411

  2. #1412
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    364
    I'm still waiting for the capacitive version. Once that hits the market, I'm definitely buying one. After using the capacitive screen of my samsung galaxy s3, it's very difficult to go back to resistive. Derrick, is there a plan to release these screens with a capacitive overlay?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Project: All-in-one Double Din Unit

  3. #1413
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by nivanov View Post
    I'm still waiting for the capacitive version. Once that hits the market, I'm definitely buying one. After using the capacitive screen of my samsung galaxy s3, it's very difficult to go back to resistive. Derrick, is there a plan to release these screens with a capacitive overlay?
    Sorry, I don`t see there is a capacitive version coming soon

  4. #1414

  5. #1415

  6. #1416
    FLAC coucouillu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    FRANCE
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by 8838.com View Post
    Sorry, I don`t see there is a capacitive version coming soon
    Hi,
    I foloww this thread since its first post.
    You have really done such a good job.

    But definitely, NO CAPACITIVE=NO PURCHASE for me.

    I am notsure if you have measured tohe potential of the market with capacitive overlay. It's larger that resistive.

    16 months before, when I was able to buy a capacitive touch screen kit at Motor City Technologies http://www.motorcitytech.com/ (mirrored through http://www.display-touch.com), it was a second birth of my carpc.I will never go back to RESISTIVE TS.

    But I hope, I could read on its website, there is a red banner "6.95 capacitive panel kits arriving soon. Exact fit on Samsung and mini Touch 700".

    I think this company was a partner of you, isn't it? When you say " I don`t see there is a capacitive version coming soon", I understand that you are not talking about Motor City Technologies.

    Please, give more info.
    Thank you.
    Brice.

  7. #1417
    Maximum Bitrate rray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    766
    I have received my DDIN kit with the optional Left Side Buttons, but I could not find any software drivers in the package. There are 4 USB cables and the LCD panel itself, so I suspect I will need drivers for at least the HDMI Screen 800x480, the SD Card Driver, and the USB Button Interfaces.

    I did not see the driver links posted on the ebay listing page either, so I hope Derrick can post a download link with all the latest drivers available.

    Meanwhile I started a worklog for my project here: 2012 Camaro In Dash PC Project

  8. #1418
    Newbie meva999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2
    Hi Everyone - I'm new to the forum and wanted to comment on this screen. I picked one up from Derrick and so far he's been extremely responsive to all of my questions. I thought I had a show stopper as well when my trim kit didn't fit the screen.

    Name:  DSCF3425.jpg
Views: 1863
Size:  189.5 KB

    I got lucky and the 2 DIN computer case bolted right onto the factory radio frame of my 01 Honda Prelude. The carbon dash trim fits right over top of this screen with a bit of room to spare. I ended up not needing to use the American International trim kit that I bought and this is the end result. I might make a custom fitting for between my CF bezel and the screen to make it look 100% finished but for now it looks great as it is.

    Name:  DSCF3424.jpg
Views: 1443
Size:  200.4 KB

    I'll take another picture of the screen up and running later today and include outer dimensions of the screen bezel if anyone needs to double check before buying. For me it has worked out well so far but it really stinks to see others having issues with it.

    Cheers,

    Mike

  9. #1419
    Newbie meva999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by rray View Post
    I have received my DDIN kit with the optional Left Side Buttons, but I could not find any software drivers in the package. There are 4 USB cables and the LCD panel itself, so I suspect I will need drivers for at least the HDMI Screen 800x480, the SD Card Driver, and the USB Button Interfaces.

    I did not see the driver links posted on the ebay listing page either, so I hope Derrick can post a download link with all the latest drivers available.

    Meanwhile I started a worklog for my project here: 2012 Camaro In Dash PC Project

    Hey rray - Here's the link to the touch drivers I got from derrick. The USB slot / SD card for me work plug and play without the need for additional drivers.

    www.8838.com/soft/touch.rar

    For the resolution I was able to setup a custom resolution under my Nvidia control panel to get the screen to display native 800x480 resolution.

  10. #1420
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    meva999, thanks for the links.
    I see there's some Linux drivers inside as well. Has anyone tried that touch screen in Linux? What about Raspberry Pi?

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 10.2" LCD Touch kit w/transflective enhancement
    By Motorcity in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
  2. Replacement 4:3 8" Touch Panel For "Super"
    By gsd_racing in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 06:28 PM
  3. Replies: 146
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 04:39 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:36 PM
  5. Can I use an 8" touch panel with a 6" lcd?
    By Odie in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2002, 12:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •