Page 92 of 174 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1731
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: "Transflective" LCD panel with res touch+controler for $101+$36 S+H

  1. #911
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    64
    Would your barebone CarPC fit Mini-ITX size motherboard with a full AMD/Intel CPU solution? If all it can fit is the usual Pico that allows only embedded CPU/VIA/other junk, it'll be the same as everything else out there. I can't stand those slow slow units. Horrible response, choppy video playback, no multitasking ability at all...

    Alternatively, you could look at adding a video accelerator to it for HD video playback to help that part.

    I agree with your idea of an open end. Many computers get very hot, and the open end would allow for better cooling. One thing you could do that might help is add tabs on the back to allow mounting of a fan on the back - 60mm, 80mm, 120mm(?). If the user has the room, it is a nice option. Don't waste money on including a cheap 40mm fan. They're noisy and don't have enough airflow.

    The radio while PC is turned off in an interesting idea, but the additional cost might not be worth it for some CarPC builders. For example, if it cost an extra $30 for this option, I would do it. An extra $50+... no thanks.

    One final thing to consider is the OEM look. I hate aftermarket DD stereos and the ugly faceplate you put on it. And now they have cars with all molded dashboards so nothing looks standard anymore. See here: http://store.mp3car.com/Vehicle_Specific_s/46.htm

    Notice many of them are now "Direct Fit" touchscreens instead of standard Double Din Frame, so the customer can retain the OEM look. What you could do is have the faceplate easy to remove so that users can put their own frame in to match OEM. This would save the work of creating templates for every type of car.

  2. #912
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    213
    WOW! This looks very nice.

    Coincidentally, me and my friend are using the same LCD panel and working on a similar project (for own use) but just the bezel part. Yours looks definitely better with integrated buttons, USB and card reader slots.

    We just got the CAD drawing made and are doing some more modifications.

    Name:  LCD_BEZEL_FRONT.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  30.3 KB

    Name:  LCD_BEZEL_REAR.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  28.5 KB

    A few mechanical observations on using this LCD.
    • The height of LCD panel is a few millimeters more than standard Double-DIN size.
    • Due to the height mismatch, it is required that the LCD panel be recessed by almost 10mm
    Last edited by DigitalVampire; 02-19-2012 at 08:58 AM.

  3. #913
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by 8838.com View Post
    Just come out a new project: Complete 2DIN case Care PC barebone! Any though? Opinion welcome

    Attachment 65123

    Attachment 65124

    Why does this look so much like the Revosys X500.1?


    Also looks like this one direct from China:


    Here is another that fits standard mini-ITX, native 1024 x 600 resolution, and place for an optical drive:


    Hope these will spin off more ideas for your custom units.

  4. #914
    Vendor - Mo-Co-So
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    237
    8838
    Why do you post stock pictures of a production model and claim that it is a prototype that will not be ready for 3 months? People are already selling this unit on eBay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RevoSys-X500...item20b772916c
    You are showing pictures of a product that has been hard tooled already, not one that is still in a prototype phase. If you really had the mfg capability you claim to pull off a double din computer you would know how deep the box should be, the answer is obvious. The funny thing is some people that dont understand the mfg process actually believe you.

  5. #915
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    305
    Hmm....interesting.

  6. #916
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    26
    Some tools... Why would 8838 be showing a model already in production? To give people an idea what they're thinking about. They're designing something similar to what they showed. Imagine that. That picture didn't look like it has an open ended chassis, maybe it's not the actual product? Perhaps they're making a chassis for the screen we have come to know them for.

    Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk.

  7. #917
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlykid View Post
    8838
    Why do you post stock pictures of a production model and claim that it is a prototype that will not be ready for 3 months? People are already selling this unit on eBay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RevoSys-X500...item20b772916c
    You are showing pictures of a product that has been hard tooled already, not one that is still in a prototype phase. If you really had the mfg capability you claim to pull off a double din computer you would know how deep the box should be, the answer is obvious. The funny thing is some people that dont understand the mfg process actually believe you.
    God, we are not trying to cheat anyone...the case photo we show was just an idea, not our actual product. That is why we said our product is still under developing and will be available in about 3 months.

    Actually, that case is not belonging to one company. It is like a "public mould" that few brands use as OEM

    Our idea is, build an unit that fits most people`s requirement, in a very affordable price. That is why we are asking for opinion here

  8. #918
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by X219c View Post
    Some tools... Why would 8838 be showing a model already in production? To give people an idea what they're thinking about. They're designing something similar to what they showed. Imagine that. That picture didn't look like it has an open ended chassis, maybe it's not the actual product? Perhaps they're making a chassis for the screen we have come to know them for.

    Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk.
    Exactly, this is what we thinking about. You know us so well. lol

  9. #919
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    483
    By the way, is anyone here think a "One DIN" or even "Half DIN" case are making any sense? Since some cars don`t have a double DIN space.

    We should be able to make a pop up case to hold the screen, in a small case with out the computer. It will come out like a CD tray and pop up

  10. #920
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalVampire View Post
    WOW! This looks very nice.

    Coincidentally, me and my friend are using the same LCD panel and working on a similar project (for own use) but just the bezel part. Yours looks definitely better with integrated buttons, USB and card reader slots.

    We just got the CAD drawing made and are doing some more modifications.

    Name:  LCD_BEZEL_FRONT.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  30.3 KB

    Name:  LCD_BEZEL_REAR.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  28.5 KB

    A few mechanical observations on using this LCD.
    • The height of LCD panel is a few millimeters more than standard Double-DIN size.
    • Due to the height mismatch, it is required that the LCD panel be recessed by almost 10mm
    Thanks for sharing

Similar Threads

  1. FS: 10.2" LCD Touch kit w/transflective enhancement
    By Motorcity in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
  2. Replacement 4:3 8" Touch Panel For "Super"
    By gsd_racing in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2006, 05:28 PM
  3. Replies: 146
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 03:39 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 10:36 PM
  5. Can I use an 8" touch panel with a 6" lcd?
    By Odie in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-29-2002, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •