Ok, just curious what the double din is going to add to it cost wise lol. And probably good that it only controls the LCD.
Here is the REV-A version Bezel with re-position USB port and other little changes.
thanks for everybody`s opinions. Especially Ken Homma`s
We need more opinions! Let`s make a better product together. lol
Looks good and clean Derrick.
I hope the USB connector will come with a flap-cover, else it may look odd with the open connector.
Also the button above it. Is it the power button? Could it be centered like all others?
Also I have a doubt on the distance marked in the picture? From the picture, it appears a bit more.
Two additions which I'd like to suggest (may be for a future version) are
1) Condenser microphone provision for hands-free operation - I know this is not going to be very easy due to echo-cancellation requirements but we could have a simple microphone for starters.
2) Ambient light sensor for automatic brightness control of the LCD based on light conditions.
It's been a while since I've been on here, but I have a question. Is there a way to use your screen for a rear view camera, or back up camera? Let me rephrase. What I want to do, is figure out if the screen will auto on, when the car is put in reverse or the camera is turned on? I don't want it on all the time but would use the screen specifically for the camera and back up abilities. Would I, in theory, be able to just use the power source that turns the camera on to power the screen so they're on at the same time and then off at the same time? Does that make sense? I have a tablet that I'm going to be using as my main unit, but I can't find a way to get the tablet to take the video signal, unless there's a bluetooth camera, which I can't seem to find. I'm already using your screens for mirroring for headrest monitors off the tablet, so I want to use a third in the vehicle, to match, and use it specifically for back up camera. Can you help me with some suggestions maybe?
- The LCD supports auto-on and will use the same video input as when it last had power
- The LCD draws max 2A, so it depends on the power source for your camera.
If I were you, this is what I would do:
- Wire your backup camera power to your reverse lights. They don't draw enough power to strain that circuit
- Also wire your switched +12V on your LCD to the reverse lights. This doesn't draw power, this only tells the LCD it's time to power on. You should be able to find a lead for this up front, but if not, you will have to run a wire from the reverse light all the way to the front for the camera.
- Wire your LCD power to a stronger circuit (like radio), or run your own lead wire to battery.
Is there a diagram that shows the pinouts that I solder into for this?
Also, for your bezel prototype, what is the distance from the front of the bezel to the LCD itself? Some OEMs create shade by "pushing" the LCD further in, and some even have trim along the top to block sunlight from the screen. This could be useful for some customers, even if you have it a separate optional item to use that clips in if needed.
I made a mistake. the "button" actually is a HEADPHONE jack. It can not be centered because it already touch the edge of the screen panel. We will cover the USB port maybe by a plug?
regarding to the bottom distance, I need to wait until the final design come out. But it should not be a problem because this part will sitting between the 2din case and your case`s open bezel.
We will try to add the mic.
Auto brightness control has been add (thanks to Ken Homma again). It is like a trigger, when a 12V signal come in(from your headlight), it will auto dim to 60%
Last edited by 8838.com; 03-13-2012 at 06:06 PM.