Larger VGA widescreen with touch options (updated)
I am a long time reader of this forum, and first time poster.
I am looking to source a larger VGA screen for Carputer use (larger than the 7" widescreen options available today).
I am interested to see what folks here on the forum would be interested in. If I am to be successful, I will have to purchase a full lot of the screens.
Here's what I would like to know:
1) what format (4:3 or 16:9) - I like 16:9 myself
2) what size (8.4 or larger?)
3) what native resolution (800x480, etc.)
4) bare screen with controller board or finished product with case
5) touchscreen (Y or N) - I'm sure you are looking for touch!
6) reallistically, what would you be willing to pay for this?
thanks for any and all input.
I'll keep you posted on my search, and possible options.
Update: possible screen option
Here is my first update:
I found a line on some high quality 8.4 inch screens, it standard ratio (16:9 has been really hardto come by). This is an industrial quality high vewing angle TFT display (no cheap stuff here). For those interested, please let me know, and please post your thoughts. See the specs below:
Outer Dimentions: 199.5 x 149.5 mm
Viewable Area: 170.4 x 127.8 mm
Native Resolution: 800 x 600
Brightness: 350 cd/m2
Viewing Angle: h/v +70 -70 / +40 -50 (Awesome!!!!!!!!)
P.S. - I have already located a sweet controller board for this as well as a touch kit.
Please weigh in with your opinions!!