Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Screen shots of the TM-702L. Why would you go VGA?

  1. #11
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    136
    I like that unit you have there... how would you compair it to a Lilliput 619GL-70NP (XGA) withTouchscreen?

    BTW the customer installs button you have... Is that a Nissan Pulsar in the picture.. Sure looks like one... Thats what my Carputer will be going in .... 87 Nissan Pulsar NX SE..... Didnt see it in the gallery though...

  2. #12
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    You can't really compare these two monitors. Lilliput is VGA and TM-701L is a composite. But like a said before, TM-701L is a really good monitor.

    That car is Chrysler Conquest/Mitsubishi Starion 87-89. Here is mine (the red one): http://www.digitalww.com/Conquest/index.html

    I actually have 2 of them

    Armen
    P.S. Letís not hijack audrenaline thread



    Quote Originally Posted by Twizted
    I like that unit you have there... how would you compair it to a Lilliput 619GL-70NP (XGA) withTouchscreen?

    BTW the customer installs button you have... Is that a Nissan Pulsar in the picture.. Sure looks like one... Thats what my Carputer will be going in .... 87 Nissan Pulsar NX SE..... Didnt see it in the gallery though...

  3. #13
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    33

    Question

    audrenaline,


    I'm leaning towards a monitor with VGA but this looks interesting...

    I'm checking out all of my options before I start buying is there a web site that I can go to check out what you got?

  4. #14
    Variable Bitrate NJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    294
    Just be careful with the supplier as there was a lot of these TM702L's being sold that DIDN'T come with the Panasonic panel fitted. The one I have sitting in a cupboard has the Sharp panel fitted and its only capable of a crappy 440xRGBx234. It makes so much difference and hence why I have the lilliput VGA now.

    I would sum up that these TM702L's are a halfway house between other composite screens and a VGA setup as they have the Panel capable of VGA Resolution 800xRGBx480 but with a composite input controller i.e cost reduction from a fully VGA one. Yes you lose definition but its still better than other composite screens out there.

  5. #15
    FLAC Pudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,007
    Armen, Thanks man. Also, I've been looking everywhere for a starion in my area, and the only one I know is a kid's who can't sell it. But there appears to be hope for the Conquest LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.

  6. #16
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by FokNut
    audrenaline,


    I'm leaning towards a monitor with VGA but this looks interesting...

    I'm checking out all of my options before I start buying is there a web site that I can go to check out what you got?
    I currently don't have a website. I was going to mainly sell these on ebay and maybe the classifieds. You can check out my ebay ID, it's jbooker12. I have 100% positive feedback on 44 transactions. I have 2 sample units that I received from the manufacturer that I would be willing to sell for a good price if you are interested.

  7. #17
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalww
    You are joining the party a little late . This is definitely one of the best 7" composite screens out there. All because of the high resolution Panasonic panel. Hundreds of people use our TM-701L + TSK monitor as their main screen. Thanks to MediaEngine and MediaCar and all the other front-end programs, it (monitor) is even better.

    Armen
    Armen, with all respect, I don't think I'm joining the party late. Yeah you've been in it for a while, but there are many new people joining the carputer scene. Also, I'm not selling the TM-701L. They are going to discontinue the TM-701L this year. Armen, do you check every 701L you sell to see what panel is put in? Because it is a 701L, doesn't mean they all have the Panasonic panel. When I order my shipment from China I have the option of 3 different panels to put into TM702. My contact also told me that the Panasonic panel doesn't have the resolution you stated and that the new Sharp panel is the better panel. I ordered 2 sample units that have the Panasonic and the Sharp panel and I can't tell a difference. Both look equally the same. I bet they both have 1140x234. I'll probably go with the Panasonic panel because of the reputation that panel has throughout the forum. The 3rd panel option was the Toshiba and they didn't recommend that panel for whatever reason.

    NJay - I'm surprised the Sharp panel you have is only capable of 440xRGBx234. Maybe it's because of the controller. The sample Sharp panel I have is capable of 800x480.

  8. #18
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    I didn't mean that you are joining the computer scene to late, it is just beginning I meant that a lot of people already discovered that TM-701L and TM-7002S are great monitors and are an alternative to VGA monitors. These monitor are very widely used, you can check out some of the installs here: http://www.digitalww.com/customer_installs.htm I started adding the Touch screen kits to these monitors because they are so good.

    As far as TM-701L being discontinued, I think it is all hype. All the Chinese companies are not like the big Brand name companies here in US. They will sell the products for as long as there is a demand. In your case I think that the company is selling TM-702L so they are talking you out of the TM-701L (I could be wrong).

    Iíve been ordering these monitor for a long time and Iíve seen them with many different panel. 7Ē Panasonic panel is high resolution panel, sharp also makes an 800x480 7Ē panel so does Hitachi. All of these are great panel. However there are some regular (440xRGBx234) panels as well. These will not work as good with a TV out signal and enlarging fonts and icons will not look as good. The company I order my monitors from understand what I need and that is why I get what I need. There was a time when one of the companies I ordered from told me that they will no longer be able to supply TM-701Ls with a Panasonic panel so I moved on to another company that did. I can tell what panel is used in a monitor by the menu of the monitor. Since each panel uses a different controller, I usually can tell if it is a Panasonic panel or not. Also 75% of all TM-701Ls I sell are sold with touch screens and this requires me to open the monitor anyways.

    Also try to get your information about spec on these panels from searching the WWW or directly from the manufacturer. These guys in China just donít know, especially the sales rep you deal with, trust me

    Open the monitor that has the sharp panel and check to see what the model # is and start searching. Then you will know if it is better then the Panasonic or not. The biggest difference between a 800x480 panel and a 440x234 panel is that you can see the grid of pixels on 440x234 panel and not on the high resolution panel.

    Armen


    Quote Originally Posted by audrenaline
    Armen, with all respect, I don't think I'm joining the party late. Yeah you've been in it for a while, but there are many new people joining the carputer scene. Also, I'm not selling the TM-701L. They are going to discontinue the TM-701L this year. Armen, do you check every 701L you sell to see what panel is put in? Because it is a 701L, doesn't mean they all have the Panasonic panel. When I order my shipment from China I have the option of 3 different panels to put into TM702. My contact also told me that the Panasonic panel doesn't have the resolution you stated and that the new Sharp panel is the better panel. I ordered 2 sample units that have the Panasonic and the Sharp panel and I can't tell a difference. Both look equally the same. I bet they both have 1140x234. I'll probably go with the Panasonic panel because of the reputation that panel has throughout the forum. The 3rd panel option was the Toshiba and they didn't recommend that panel for whatever reason.

    NJay - I'm surprised the Sharp panel you have is only capable of 440xRGBx234. Maybe it's because of the controller. The sample Sharp panel I have is capable of 800x480.

  9. #19
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalww
    I didn't mean that you are joining the computer scene to late, it is just beginning I meant that a lot of people already discovered that TM-701L and TM-7002S are great monitors and are an alternative to VGA monitors. These monitor are very widely used, you can check out some of the installs here: http://www.digitalww.com/customer_installs.htm I started adding the Touch screen kits to these monitors because they are so good.

    As far as TM-701L being discontinued, I think it is all hype. All the Chinese companies are not like the big Brand name companies here in US. They will sell the products for as long as there is a demand. In your case I think that the company is selling TM-702L so they are talking you out of the TM-701L (I could be wrong).

    Iíve been ordering these monitor for a long time and Iíve seen them with many different panel. 7Ē Panasonic panel is high resolution panel, sharp also makes an 800x480 7Ē panel so does Hitachi. All of these are great panel. However there are some regular (440xRGBx234) panels as well. These will not work as good with a TV out signal and enlarging fonts and icons will not look as good. The company I order my monitors from understand what I need and that is why I get what I need. There was a time when one of the companies I ordered from told me that they will no longer be able to supply TM-701Ls with a Panasonic panel so I moved on to another company that did. I can tell what panel is used in a monitor by the menu of the monitor. Since each panel uses a different controller, I usually can tell if it is a Panasonic panel or not. Also 75% of all TM-701Ls I sell are sold with touch screens and this requires me to open the monitor anyways.

    Also try to get your information about spec on these panels from searching the WWW or directly from the manufacturer. These guys in China just donít know, especially the sales rep you deal with, trust me

    Open the monitor that has the sharp panel and check to see what the model # is and start searching. Then you will know if it is better then the Panasonic or not. The biggest difference between a 800x480 panel and a 440x234 panel is that you can see the grid of pixels on 440x234 panel and not on the high resolution panel.

    Armen
    Armen,
    I opened up both of the the monitors and they both have the Panasonic EDTCB18QCF panel. I guess the Supplier that said it was a Sharp panel didn't know what he was talking about, which would explain why I couldn't tell a difference between the two.

    Anyway, Best Regards
    Joe

  10. #20
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    You see what I mean now?

    Armen

    Quote Originally Posted by audrenaline
    Armen,
    I opened up both of the the monitors and they both have the Panasonic EDTCB18QCF panel. I guess the Supplier that said it was a Sharp panel didn't know what he was talking about, which would explain why I couldn't tell a difference between the two.

    Anyway, Best Regards
    Joe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 03:03 PM
  2. Frequently Asked Questions
    By bgoodman in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
  3. WTB 7"-10" VGA screen + controller
    By AlphaFox in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 07:33 AM
  4. wiring up a pc vga out to tft laptop screen
    By Kenny in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 07:54 PM
  5. 10" vga lcd touch screen going for 350 us
    By Mp3_Truck in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2001, 11:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •