Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Lilliput touchscreen EEPROM failure

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate ddogg_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    HOT Arizona
    Posts
    834

    Lilliput touchscreen EEPROM failure

    I have read a few threads and would like to know if there is a consensus on how to fix this... My touchscreen worked fine for less than an hour, then after connecting it to my carputer and loading my WinXP and everything else, I get the EEPROM error and can't calibrate. Is there a loose connection inside or is the small chip on the touch board need to be replaced?

  2. #2
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by ddogg_777
    I have read a few threads and would like to know if there is a consensus on how to fix this... My touchscreen worked fine for less than an hour, then after connecting it to my carputer and loading my WinXP and everything else, I get the EEPROM error and can't calibrate. Is there a loose connection inside or is the small chip on the touch board need to be replaced?
    Read this thread:

    TouchScreen EPROM "error/failure"

    End result was that I needed to get the controler replaced...it had crapped out / or was no good to begin with.

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    Exactly

    A new controller will fix this problem.

    Also, I had one of the Lilliputs with this problem and the controller started working after a week. On others the problem doesn't go away and the touch controller needs to be replaced.

    Armen


    Quote Originally Posted by VWTronics
    Read this thread:

    TouchScreen EPROM "error/failure"

    End result was that I needed to get the controler replaced...it had crapped out / or was no good to begin with.

  4. #4
    Maximum Bitrate ddogg_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    HOT Arizona
    Posts
    834
    I did but it seems as though the thread was never finished...

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate ddogg_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    HOT Arizona
    Posts
    834
    So, what's to say that a new touchscreen board won't fail in a few days? My Lilliput was bought from the manufacturer in December.

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    It is very rare that this happens. If you would have bought your monitor from me then I would replace the controller for FREE (1 year warrantee).

    Have you tried contacting the person you bought it from? Maybe they will also replace it for free.

    Armen



    Quote Originally Posted by ddogg_777
    So, what's to say that a new touchscreen board won't fail in a few days? My Lilliput was bought from the manufacturer in December.

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate ddogg_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    HOT Arizona
    Posts
    834
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalww
    It is very rare that this happens. If you would have bought your monitor from me then I would replace the controller for FREE (1 year warrantee).

    Have you tried contacting the person you bought it from? Maybe they will also replace it for free.

    Armen
    Armen, you were never around when I wanted one and I decided to get one direct from China; Krystar went over in November and picked up 20 for us. I emailed the manufacturers and am waiting for a response. I decided that since I will be taking it apart, it would void your warranty too. Fortunately, I hadn't taken it apart yet when the problem came up

  8. #8
    phc
    phc is offline
    Variable Bitrate phc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by ddogg_777
    I have read a few threads and would like to know if there is a consensus on how to fix this... My touchscreen worked fine for less than an hour, then after connecting it to my carputer and loading my WinXP and everything else, I get the EEPROM error and can't calibrate. Is there a loose connection inside or is the small chip on the touch board need to be replaced?
    Regarding the USB touchscreen controller (from my site @ http://www.tmz.com/wrx/lilliputLCD.html):

    The tiny 8 pin chip is the ATC 93C46 and is a 1 kBit serial EEPROM, or SEEPROM. ATCorp doesn't have any datasheets on their website, but the same part is also made by Microchip and Holtek. The minute I start getting any EEPROM errors with the touchscreen, I'm pulling off that cheap ATC chip and replacing it with a Microchip. Not sure it would solve the problem, but it would be an easy way to check.

    If you can't desolder and resolder a surface mount chip, then send it to me and I'll do it for you. I'd be happy to do it just to check my suspicion. I've dont more than my fair share of surface mount soldering and rework. If you can, send me the chip also. If not, I'll grab one from Digikey next time I'm ordering from them.

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate ddogg_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    HOT Arizona
    Posts
    834
    PHC, I was hoping you would chime in. I was gonna ask you if you ever needed to change out your chip. What style chip do I look for: TSSOP, MSOP, rotated...etc.

  10. #10
    phc
    phc is offline
    Variable Bitrate phc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by ddogg_777
    PHC, I was hoping you would chime in. I was gonna ask you if you ever needed to change out your chip. What style chip do I look for: TSSOP, MSOP, rotated...etc.
    I don't have a good picture of it on my web page, might have to take it apart again or look at the raw photos. Its probably a 8 Pin SOIC, I'm 90% sure.

    Digikey # 93C46B/SN-ND

    Datasheet:
    http://www.microchip.com/download/li...arc/21749d.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Extension cable for Lilliput touchscreen...
    By NotchbackVW in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-21-2004, 08:46 PM
  2. Lilliput touchscreen prevents standby
    By Alric in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 02:04 PM
  3. exact outer size of 7" lilliput touchscreen?
    By cotwild in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 03:40 PM
  5. speaker next to lilliput touchscreen. clever?
    By sham in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 04:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •