Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: LCD Group Buy

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    LCD Group Buy

    Does this sound right .... possible scam .... if it is a "donation" and "gift" what recourse do we have if it is bad ???






    Your payment received will be accepted as a "donation" to Andrew Coppersmith to help along with his car pc project. On your credit card statement it will show "NIGHT RIDER ELECTRONIC". For every $255.00 you donate and when your donation is received you will be placed on the list below to receive a Lilliput Model Number 619GL-70NP as described on this web page, as a "FREE GIFT" and as a thank you for your donation. The donation requirement for this free gift is $255.00. There will be no shipping costs charged to you and you should receive your "GIFT" in 12 - 15 days from the date below.

  2. #2
    Banned NightHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever1
    Does this sound right .... possible scam .... if it is a "donation" and "gift" what recourse do we have if it is bad ???


    Your payment received will be accepted as a "donation" to Andrew Coppersmith to help along with his car pc project. On your credit card statement it will show "NIGHT RIDER ELECTRONIC". For every $255.00 you donate and when your donation is received you will be placed on the list below to receive a Lilliput Model Number 619GL-70NP as described on this web page, as a "FREE GIFT" and as a thank you for your donation. The donation requirement for this free gift is $255.00. There will be no shipping costs charged to you and you should receive your "GIFT" in 12 - 15 days from the date below.
    the only reason it is being accepted as a donation is because mastercard and visa do not allow pre-sales. In other words group buys as well. The person selling the item must have possession of the items before accepting payments. This would not work with my group buy, since I will be using the money recieved to purchase the screens, and then send them to you. But making donations via a credit card is perfectly acceptable. So when a donation is made, I gaurantee that you will recieve a lilliput 619GL-70NP as a gift or I will refund your money. Please read entire rules and guidelines before making your decision.This will not change any warranty you recieve since they are all taken care of through the manufacturer anyway.
    Thank you,
    Andrew Coppersmith

  3. #3
    Newbie hotrod_nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    49
    I am concidering it myselft but I am wondering where NightHunter buys these displays because what if I get a defective unit, where do I return it?

    NightHunter, if you want to be taken more seriously then think about the image you use with your login name, it doesn't give me good vibe. A person cannot help from asking what is in it for you, if you are making a profit than charge $10 for a spot on the list and get the rest of the money via credit card when the items is shipped. I know that is more risk for you but you are making the profit off the units, thats how owning a buisness works. There are a lot of other options available rather than asking for a "donation."

    Cheers
    View My Past CarPC Projects at http://www.basten.us
    -cell phone internet cable from gomadic
    -Motherboard/Case/screen/power supply from MP3Car Store
    -Other stuff http://www.freecd-r.com

  4. #4
    Banned NightHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod_nut
    I am concidering it myselft but I am wondering where NightHunter buys these displays because what if I get a defective unit, where do I return it?

    NightHunter, if you want to be taken more seriously then think about the image you use with your login name, it doesn't give me good vibe. A person cannot help from asking what is in it for you, if you are making a profit than charge $10 for a spot on the list and get the rest of the money via credit card when the items is shipped. I know that is more risk for you but you are making the profit off the units, thats how owning a buisness works. There are a lot of other options available rather than asking for a "donation."

    Cheers
    obviously you havent been folowing this group buy. Read this link and you will see everything about it. This is legitimate , the screens are coming directly from the manufacturer. I am doing this simply to promote my internet website and to hopefully spawn a couple sales from this. I make little money off of this thing. I was originally doing this just so I could be able to afford one for my self at the rate from the manufacturer instead of paying oover $300.00 from some guy on ebay. I know how a buisness works, trust me. I could give you a few lesson's if you wish. This is a group buy, prepaying for spot on the list will not work. I use the money I recieve to purchase the screens, when I recieve them they are shipped to you. This is commonly done on message forums, read the classifieds section and tickle your brain a little. If you do not feel comfortable with this sale, do not buy from it. This is a great opportunity for everyone to get in on. It wont be around forever but it is a good thing for now.
    by the way, maybe ill change my avatar to a beer mug...

  5. #5
    Newbie hotrod_nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    49
    I would still like to know how you handle returns? You did say that they come from the manufacture but is that over seas? Has it happened to your customers yet? My concern is that manufactures sometimes will not take returns unless they are bought from a distributer.

    Cheers
    View My Past CarPC Projects at http://www.basten.us
    -cell phone internet cable from gomadic
    -Motherboard/Case/screen/power supply from MP3Car Store
    -Other stuff http://www.freecd-r.com

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    14
    Ni NightHunter, found your group buy effort while looking for a screen to go in my car as I want to put a PC in there. The touch screen would be excellent. I have previously been looking at the $100 Lilliput screens on ebay, of the same size, and heard that they are poor quality due to the fact that they are actually LCD technology rather than TFT.

    I'm very interested in participating in this group buy, but am interested to see what the quality of the screens is like and what the touchscreen is like when operating a PC with it etc, do you know of any threads with pictures and opinions of the screen from someone who has the same one?

    Also, I am in the UK, and am not completely sure what a Money Order is, but i'd have to pay by this as obviously I have a Non-US credit card, would you be able to explain this payment option and any others available to me? Any idea what the shipping to the UK would be like too, as i'd like to have it in good time and ideally not get a pile of TFT remains through my letter box a few months later.

    Thanks for any help,
    Chris

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    65
    those ones on ebay and the one he is selling are both LCD.

    However, the ones on ebay are NTSC/PAL, while the other ones are VGA. I have never seen the difference in person, but most people say if you plan on doing any gps/text reading, you need vga.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18

    Unhappy This Group Buy is a SCAM

    First off the whole idea of this as a "Group Buy" is total B.S. I know for a fact the prices that he is charging is over 35.00 dollars more then what you can buy them for if you are a dealer. He uses the term "Group Buy" to make you think he is giving the best possible price. He is making a tighty little income on this scam. Group Buy my A$%. If anybody wants to buy from an actuall authorized lilliput dealer with 800 techsupport and Authorized to sell LCD's let me know I will see to it that the company sells them for 5.00 less then this person is selling them for. Even at 5.00 less the company will still make a profit. "Group Buy" I laugh........ If anyone is interested let me know and I will get the special promo code to type into the website to reflect the reduced price for MP3Car Members.

    Hey I will be forming a group buy for Ferrari Enzo's if anybody wants in the price is just $700,000 hehehehe

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    241
    700 K for an enzo is a good deal. I have heard of them going for over 2 million.

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronepatterson
    First off the whole idea of this as a "Group Buy" is total B.S. I know for a fact the prices that he is charging is over 35.00 dollars more then what you can buy them for if you are a dealer. He uses the term "Group Buy" to make you think he is giving the best possible price. He is making a tighty little income on this scam. Group Buy my A$%. If anybody wants to buy from an actuall authorized lilliput dealer with 800 techsupport and Authorized to sell LCD's let me know I will see to it that the company sells them for 5.00 less then this person is selling them for. Even at 5.00 less the company will still make a profit. "Group Buy" I laugh........ If anyone is interested let me know and I will get the special promo code to type into the website to reflect the reduced price for MP3Car Members.

    Hey I will be forming a group buy for Ferrari Enzo's if anybody wants in the price is just $700,000 hehehehe
    Post the code Or send it to me, either way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 04:57 PM
  2. FS: Group Buy USB GPS Receiver (BU-303)
    By Toups in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 07:32 PM
  3. GROUP BUY: Lilliput TM-701VGT LCD
    By krystar in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 07:31 PM
  4. Poll: Group buy for a inexpensive startup/shutdown circuit
    By ScYThE in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 06:04 PM
  5. Where to buy character LCD (4x40)?
    By helloman in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2001, 06:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •