Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: DOA Lilliput ?? HELP ! !

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8

    DOA Lilliput ?? HELP ! !

    I just recieved my 7" TS Lilliput today, and plugged it into my Epia M10000 MB, powered it up, and nothing. The screen never lights, or shows any sign of life. I plugged it in via a wall jack and the included AC adapter. I also tried it on a laptop with video out, and it see the connector, which may just be that it senses potential or something, but it never turns on. I hope I am overlooking something painfully sinple, but your help is appreciated!

    Chris

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    189
    Does the red LED on the front panel light up ?

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by shchua
    Does the red LED on the front panel light up ?

    Nope. I plugged it into power, and the computer, nothin. I have a 12W 5A Max power adapter, is it going to hurt it to try that incase my power supply is bad? The original is 2400mA (2.4A). Thanks for the replies I have only a few days to return it arg....

    Chris

  4. #4
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,498
    you can apply power via the 12v socket on the side, or via the phono rca / usb connecter thats included with the lilliput. I noticed after taking one apart and seeing what was what, when I put it back together, it didnt work !! it seems the ribbon cable that plugs into the buttons has a little bit of play in it. Play as in it doesnt line up unless you position the cable dead in the middle of the slot, if its slightly to one side its a non worker. I know this would mean invalidating your warranty. I would be tempted to return it, unless you feel lucky

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate eCarô's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    810
    Quote Originally Posted by eTard
    Nope. I plugged it into power, and the computer, nothin. I have a 12W 5A Max power adapter, is it going to hurt it to try that incase my power supply is bad? The original is 2400mA (2.4A). Thanks for the replies I have only a few days to return it arg....

    Chris
    You can use a power supply that is rated for higher amps. The monitor needs a minimum current, but it won't use more just cause it's available.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    you can apply power via the 12v socket on the side, or via the phono rca / usb connecter thats included with the lilliput. I noticed after taking one apart and seeing what was what, when I put it back together, it didnt work !! it seems the ribbon cable that plugs into the buttons has a little bit of play in it. Play as in it doesnt line up unless you position the cable dead in the middle of the slot, if its slightly to one side its a non worker. I know this would mean invalidating your warranty. I would be tempted to return it, unless you feel lucky
    eTard - the exact same thing happened to me when I was fiddling around with my screen - it refused to power on after I re-connected the cable to the button board. I disconnected and reconnected it and that solved the problem. Try CdRsKuLL's suggestion before returning the screen (if voiding the warranty is ok with you).

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: BROKEN Lilliput 619!
    By masch in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 03:58 AM
  2. DOA Lilliput 8"
    By tyronepatterson in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 10:03 AM
  3. Writeup Lilliput installation in TM-701L housing
    By spyhunter in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 06:58 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 04:37 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 10:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •