Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Best Screen for PS2 & GPS

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8

    Best Screen for PS2 & GPS

    I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer and I am looking to add an LCD screen to put somewhere in the front area of the car (not the backseat). I do not want to spend more than $250 for the screen & housing. I plan on using the screen mainly for PS2 use and GPS. I have a Carputer that I am building now. It will be using a Geforce 4 Ti4200 with s-video and vga out (Is the Radeon a lot better for car use)? Is there a best unit w/housing under/around $250 that can do both? Please advise. You can post links to other threads that discuss this, too. Thanks!

  2. #2
    cdm
    cdm is offline
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    atlanta ga
    Posts
    184
    gps and ps2 are two completely contradicting uses for a screen. decide which one you want more, and spend accordingly.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm
    gps and ps2 are two completely contradicting uses for a screen. decide which one you want more, and spend accordingly.
    Really? There's no screen that can do both via s-video? Well, if I have to choose. I choose PS2. Which screen is better for that?

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, CA
    Posts
    236
    The Lilliput screen has VGA in(for PC) and Composite in for set top type components, you can connect the PS2 to the screen this way and do a source switch when you go between the two, a Lilliput can be found for around 250 if you hunt on ebay or get on a group buy.
    2003 Subaru Impreza TS
    Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeveth
    The Lilliput screen has VGA in(for PC) and Composite in for set top type components, you can connect the PS2 to the screen this way and do a source switch when you go between the two, a Lilliput can be found for around 250 if you hunt on ebay or get on a group buy.
    Thanks for the info. How does PS2 look on this screen? Does it retain all its colors?

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Temecula, C.A.
    Posts
    10
    this is a group buy and it is TUCHSCREEN for the pc.
    Group Buy? $240 shipped 7.2 TFT LCD Video Monitor WITH TUCHSCREEN

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    Does anyone know how PS2/TV sources look on this screen?
    Also, if I didn't need the touchscreen is there a model that has similar picture quality & resolution that is less expensive?

    Thanks!

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnapena
    Does anyone know how PS2/TV sources look on this screen?
    Also, if I didn't need the touchscreen is there a model that has similar picture quality & resolution that is less expensive?

    Thanks!

    Are there any new group buys for this? Its almost $300 ON EBAY...

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate gubon13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    193
    TV/Video on lilliput is very nice. just keep in mind that it's a 16:9 widescreen, so some games may look wierd. but honestly at 7" it isn't terribly distracting.

    btw, if you don't need the touchscreen, you can find this screen for cheaper.
    "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8
    Can you use the Lilliput in 4:3 mode with bars on the side?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 03:24 PM
  2. lillyput--all hype?----long review
    By liquid_smoke in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2003, 10:44 AM
  3. GPS DATA on HD44780 char Display ??
    By felix99 in forum GPS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-10-2003, 04:56 PM
  4. Picture only displaying on 1" of screen
    By mercury in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2002, 10:48 PM
  5. motorized screen stopped working :(
    By corsamel in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2002, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •