Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Lilliput touchscreen controller problem

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate JayKaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    192

    Exclamation Lilliput touchscreen controller problem

    I recently bought a touchscreen overlay from Digitalww after I accidentally cracked the one that came with the lilliput. I hooked it all up today to find that when I plug in the controller and load the drivers the curser goes down to the bottom left of the screen and stays there unless i try and move it away with my mouse, but then it will shoot right back to where it was again! From what I can understand the controller is getting a signal from somewhere that the mouse needs to be at the bottom right of the screen, however I dont have the actual panel itself plugged in, so it couldnt possibly be the panel!
    I cant configure the TS at all. When I try the red 'X' goes and stays green and I hear a beep but the 2nd red 'X' does appear and nothing happens.
    I also try to 'clear' the memory in advanced setting and it gives me a EEPROM error.

    Anyone had this problem before? any way I could fix it???

    PLEEEASE im desperate!

    Thanks in advance

    EDIT: also, the LED on the controller constantly stays on. I dont think I remember this happening before. Could it be the LED only comes on when a touch signal is sent?

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate JayKaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    192
    To add, ive tried the Worcol driver that comes with the TS aswell as the driver found on Digitalww's website and another driver I found on these forums. None made any positive difference (the 3rd one didnt work at all). I also tried the controller on another Win2k machine of mine.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3
    I am a system administrator and have recently had this problem with a touchscreen add-on kit. I contacted the company and they told me it was because of a short circuit in the kit.

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate JayKaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    192
    For the life of me ive looked all over the controller and tested every possible connection with my multimeter and cannot find a short circuit.
    I even eventually cut the use 'tail' off the VGA cable and hard wired a 15cm long USB cable to the controller in the hopes that the problem was somewhere along the VGA cable.
    I think it would be fairly safe to say at this point it isnt a short circuit, although I wish it was that simple

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate JayKaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    192
    any other help? please?

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate JayKaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    192
    hmmm, ok. For lack of anything else to do, ive ordered another controller from Digitalww.

    To those people who encounter the same or similar problem as myself, I am sorry I couldn't offer you a better resolution than this, but it seems you will need another controller

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKaye
    hmmm, ok. For lack of anything else to do, ive ordered another controller from Digitalww.

    To those people who encounter the same or similar problem as myself, I am sorry I couldn't offer you a better resolution than this, but it seems you will need another controller
    How did the new controller work out? I fried my controller on my Lilliput by hooking the power up backwards (black is positive apparently). I ordered a new one from digitalWW and my computer is not recognizing it. The little light on my controller turns on when you touch the screen. Is this what happens on yours?

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    31

    fix..

    you put it on to tight.. thats why it drifts to the bottom of the screen.

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate digitalww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    883
    It should be recognizing it. Compared to your old controller, is it the same?

    If the light turns ON with touch then it seems to be working. Have you tried calibrating or you can't even see it in the touch software?

    Let me know.

    Armen

    Quote Originally Posted by archimense
    How did the new controller work out? I fried my controller on my Lilliput by hooking the power up backwards (black is positive apparently). I ordered a new one from digitalWW and my computer is not recognizing it. The little light on my controller turns on when you touch the screen. Is this what happens on yours?

  10. #10
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    429
    Sent you a private message.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalww
    It should be recognizing it. Compared to your old controller, is it the same?

    If the light turns ON with touch then it seems to be working. Have you tried calibrating or you can't even see it in the touch software?

    Let me know.

    Armen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Linux drivers for Lilliput Touchscreen?
    By Visual Echo in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:05 AM
  2. Lilliput touchscreen problem...
    By navig8r in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 10:56 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 01:47 PM
  4. Lilliput problem (Touch screen/driver)
    By Bergetun in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 08:18 AM
  5. Small Lilliput display problem
    By Da_Teach in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 07:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •