get a Liliput 8.0 under 400 from mp3car.com store!
Has anyone looked into getting one of these kits?
It uses this LCD:
The kit can be had for $750 or bare LCD for $491 at Mouser. Has nice specs, but too bad it only has 300cd/m2 brightness.
1) Is there a way to upgrade the brightness for this LCD?
2) I wonder if the XGA (1024x768) resolution would even be noticable after adding a resistive touchscreen? Possibly with a 3M Cleartek Capacitive touchscreen (but hard to find and expensive)?
3) Where can you buy (thin) bezels for bare LCDs? I want to mount external to the dash.
4) Do you need to wire-up buttons to use the OSD (on-screen display) controls (provided with the kit)?
5) If you use LVDS to connect the bare LCD (to a VIA motherboard), can you get aux LCD input by adding a video card with video in?
I have also been looking at NEC's NL10276BC16-01. Has some really nice specs but very expensive in single quantites (and hard to find).
I would really appreciate if you guys can help answer some of these questions. Thanks.
DICE Los Angeles
Ah, no thanks. Maybe the Xenarc 800tsv. Why don't you go get an 8" Lilly!
i have one but its a 10.5 open frame and it has been great no problems at allOriginally Posted by smazfam
i got it from apollo displays and it can be customized as far as making it
brighter ,as far as the osd they sell a motherboard to switch the video and
10.5 lcd touchscreen ,shuttle XPC,AMD +2100, 512 DDR, 120 GB drive ,slot dvd,Dashwerks shutdown controller,GPS, XM Direct
NL10276BC16-01 has the best specifications in the market for this size. 8.4" lcd with native XGA resolution and with LVDS interface. After about 3 months of searching i can get my hands on them. I can get them to you for about $450 with the inverters. If any intrested let me know.
I can upgrade the brightness on your panel. I can do 760 nits at an afordable cost. pm me for details.
Originally Posted by smazfam
brightness increase: yes
video in with capture card if using lvds on epia: yes
osd board wires: osd is pre wired, but you can extend the wires any length you want.
re: resolution. 1, adding the touch panel does not change how the image is viewed.
2, (imo) 1024x768 on an 8.4" panel is overkill, and text will be tiny. 800x600 is more readable. But, if you are heavy on video and graphics, obvioulsy higher is better.
I sell 8.4" toshiba kits that are 800x600, have vga, s-video and rca, touch screen, and high bright upgrade (760nit) for less than the price of the bare optrex panel you quoted. Just mentioning as a reference, not a shameless self promotion plug