Page 57 of 123 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1222

Thread: LCD Backlight Upgrade

  1. #561
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    Well actually i am working on a parallel based project.

    What are you laughing at Mr Dillingham!

  2. #562
    MySQL Error jcdillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,043
    ohh nothin, just funny thats all.

    i'm getting some samples of those regulators, i'm looking for some inductors for it now. So hopefully we can make a circuit to power those inverters of yours
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

  3. #563
    Variable Bitrate numbers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    370
    heh

    You've got me so confused at this point that you could tell me that one of you has decided to capture the sun for the backlight and the other is looking into using bananna-powered plasma generators. I'd have no choice but to believe you. Frankly I'm doing my best to help out here, but it's hard with such little information to go on. I'm quite certain I could do some good if I could just figure out what good needed to be done.

  4. #564
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    lol

    Basically, JCD needs a dimming inverter that can provide about 1100+V running voltage at 5-6mA for two tubes. it also needs about 2400V startup voltage.

    I need an inverter that outputs around 400V at 4mA and can power 10 tubes in parrallel - only needs one output as they are not CCFLs that need thier own output on the inverter. My tubes can just be connected in parrallel to each other.

    EDIT: i also need dimming.

  5. #565
    Maximum Bitrate gork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    655
    Somehow I get the feeling that the only way this is ever going to get done is to have ERG just build you an inverter to the spec of your tube(s) including whatever requirements for dimming you have... Did they ever say how much it's going to cost for design/tooling or give you minimum run numbers? Even if they hit you with something like $5K out of the gate, I think the project is still within the realm of possibility. The other bonus is that it will most likely work the first time around without a lot of hassle.
    MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
    See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
    Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
    Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
    BMW I-Bus Integration
    My homepage with many other fun projects!

  6. #566
    Variable Bitrate numbers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    370
    It shouldn't have to come to that. I don't know how close anybody else is, but I'd be ready to order parts today if I weren't busy wondering if there is a slightly better way to do it. With the mention of ccfl alternatives, I've begun to wonder. I don't have much money to throw around or I'd just order stuff and experiment. Anyway, the worst that should happen is we may have to order an inverter that is close, and then change out some caps to make them perfect. As far as price goes, my current design totals pretty close to $50 depending on how many tubes are used. I suspect Scouse and JCD are both working with similar figures.

    Scouse: 4ma for 10 tubes?? May I ask just what non-ccfl tubes you are using which use so little power? EEFL? T2?

  7. #567
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    ERG do want money to design inverters but with no promise they will work.

    Numbers: yup you are right. I am working with some guys in China to get a sutable system running. I found some place that has experience doing what i want but they have not got back to me. They also do a free inverter design. I will email them again tomorrow but i am close to ordering some stuff to try but i would rather have a 12V inverter. Although i suspect the place i am dealing with offers the best inverter size so i have drawn up a nice system that can be housed inside the exisitng screen housings and ca be used with the flip out screens.

    As for the $50 - do you mean an inverter design for $50?

  8. #568
    Variable Bitrate numbers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Monkey
    As for the $50 - do you mean an inverter design for $50?
    Gosh no. My bad. I meant for the whole setup.

  9. #569
    MySQL Error jcdillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by gork
    Somehow I get the feeling that the only way this is ever going to get done is to have ERG just build you an inverter to the spec of your tube(s) including whatever requirements for dimming you have... Did they ever say how much it's going to cost for design/tooling or give you minimum run numbers? Even if they hit you with something like $5K out of the gate, I think the project is still within the realm of possibility. The other bonus is that it will most likely work the first time around without a lot of hassle.

    The quote I got from ERG is $600 just to create 2 prototypes, with a lead time of 2 months and I would have to send them 2 sets of our tubes to test with.

    i'm about ready to just do it, but I want to see what scouse comes up with first.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

  10. #570
    MySQL Error jcdillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,043
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers
    It shouldn't have to come to that. I don't know how close anybody else is, but I'd be ready to order parts today if I weren't busy wondering if there is a slightly better way to do it. With the mention of ccfl alternatives, I've begun to wonder. I don't have much money to throw around or I'd just order stuff and experiment. Anyway, the worst that should happen is we may have to order an inverter that is close, and then change out some caps to make them perfect. As far as price goes, my current design totals pretty close to $50 depending on how many tubes are used. I suspect Scouse and JCD are both working with similar figures.

    Scouse: 4ma for 10 tubes?? May I ask just what non-ccfl tubes you are using which use so little power? EEFL? T2?

    well what ideas have you been working with? maybe there is something i've missed at this point.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 05:14 PM
  2. Anyone know how to upgrade brightness on LCD?
    By maxcosity in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 12:09 PM
  3. FS: Nec 10.4" LCD w/ Backlight Inverter
    By SuperMatty in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 11:21 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2002, 08:15 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2002, 01:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •