Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Repair shop for "Brand new" Lilliyput

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    44

    Repair shop for "Brand new" Lilliyput

    Hi, I live in the UK and have recently brought a new 7” Lilliput, which was the latest 2005 model - 629GL 70 P/C/T. I purchased the item off “Ebay” and now the seller is no longer registered or supporting me- Obviously warranty appears void as I opened the case…

    Anyway during my install I opened the case and removed the internal workings for fabrication into my dash. When my dash was finished I put it all back together and it no longer works...?

    I have tried all the usual including reseating the Ribbons etc.. to no avail. Basically I cannot get anything image wise on the “bright white screen” apart from if I am lucky and do a little cable wiggling I can see a vague “Jurassic park” image apparently used during screen testing.

    Does anyone know where this can be looked at for advise & or repaired..? I just know I not major based on the fact I have done nothing to it……..all very strange..

    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Craig

  2. #2
    is back. FKA Robert Wray
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Fiberoptic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1978
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,418
    Blog Entries
    143
    We could probably send this back to the MFG but by the time we got done with shipping and repair costs it might be cheaper to buy a new one.


    Quote Originally Posted by craignichollls
    Hi, I live in the UK and have recently brought a new 7” Lilliput, which was the latest 2005 model - 629GL 70 P/C/T. I purchased the item off “Ebay” and now the seller is no longer registered or supporting me- Obviously warranty appears void as I opened the case…

    Anyway during my install I opened the case and removed the internal workings for fabrication into my dash. When my dash was finished I put it all back together and it no longer works...?

    I have tried all the usual including reseating the Ribbons etc.. to no avail. Basically I cannot get anything image wise on the “bright white screen” apart from if I am lucky and do a little cable wiggling I can see a vague “Jurassic park” image apparently used during screen testing.

    Does anyone know where this can be looked at for advise & or repaired..? I just know I not major based on the fact I have done nothing to it……..all very strange..

    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Craig

  3. #3
    See me in my wet t-shirt. stevieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by craignichollls
    Hi, I live in the UK and have recently brought a new 7” Lilliput, which was the latest 2005 model - 629GL 70 P/C/T. I purchased the item off “Ebay” and now the seller is no longer registered or supporting me- Obviously warranty appears void as I opened the case…

    Anyway during my install I opened the case and removed the internal workings for fabrication into my dash. When my dash was finished I put it all back together and it no longer works...?

    I have tried all the usual including reseating the Ribbons etc.. to no avail. Basically I cannot get anything image wise on the “bright white screen” apart from if I am lucky and do a little cable wiggling I can see a vague “Jurassic park” image apparently used during screen testing.

    Does anyone know where this can be looked at for advise & or repaired..? I just know I not major based on the fact I have done nothing to it……..all very strange..

    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Craig
    http://www.lilliputuk.com might be a good bet. They are not owned by Lilliput themselves but are an official distributer and I know they do spares they may fix them too. They are based in Wolverhampton IIRC.

    Did it work before you opened it?
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate pijo1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Novara - Italy
    Posts
    147
    Hi,
    I don't know if this can help you, but I tell you anyway my exeprence.

    I've dismantled my lilliput to put it into a special home made housing and when I've all connected my lilliput didn't show anithing. I've notice that the pcb with 40pin connectors (look at the attached picture) was slightly relieved, then I've pushed it close to the screen and the monitor has worked correctly.


    So in my home made housing I've monted a screw to press the pcb close to the screen.

    Probably in original housing this isn't necessary because when you close the 2 parts autmatically the pcb is pressed near the screen.

    by,

    Luigi.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieg
    http://www.lilliputuk.com might be a good bet. They are not owned by Lilliput themselves but are an official distributer and I know they do spares they may fix them too. They are based in Wolverhampton IIRC.

    Thanks I will give them a call.. Hopefully a good option..!

    Did it work before you opened it?
    Yep, I tested the second i got it , a couple of second later - i took it a part

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by pijo1971
    Hi,
    I don't know if this can help you, but I tell you anyway my exeprence.

    I've dismantled my lilliput to put it into a special home made housing and when I've all connected my lilliput didn't show anithing. I've notice that the pcb with 40pin connectors (look at the attached picture) was slightly relieved, then I've pushed it close to the screen and the monitor has worked correctly.


    So in my home made housing I've monted a screw to press the pcb close to the screen.

    Probably in original housing this isn't necessary because when you close the 2 parts autmatically the pcb is pressed near the screen.

    by,

    Luigi.
    Thanks Luigi appreciate it...., This is very interesting .. I will definately giving this a go before i go any further.. sound promising...

  7. #7
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by craignichollls
    Thanks Luigi appreciate it...., This is very interesting .. I will definately giving this a go before i go any further.. sound promising...
    I've had this issue as well. You have to take care while re-inserting the cables, make sure they are inserted well, and ok. If they aren't, you're getting the white-screen.

    On my 7", the cable to the buttons is a ***** also, it can be placed in 2 ways, make sure its left-aligned. (You can move it a little to the right, but that won't work)

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSmiley
    I've had this issue as well. You have to take care while re-inserting the cables, make sure they are inserted well, and ok. If they aren't, you're getting the white-screen.

    On my 7", the cable to the buttons is a ***** also, it can be placed in 2 ways, make sure its left-aligned. (You can move it a little to the right, but that won't work)
    Excellent tip.. I shall check this also.. i will let you know how i get on.
    The button cable issue makes me think.....

    One of the problems i have is the power will only stay on if i hold the Power button down, which i presume is not right.........and this maybe the reason. ?

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    44
    So far so good... the button board was causing a problem..now i have control of power and i tried various methods mentioned but still get the dreaded white screen...

    just ordered a "couple" of replacement cables..>!! from the nice guy's at - http://www.digitalww.com - I think this is defo the problem..man they were only a day old...how fragile can these things be..?

    Does any one know where you can get hold of the retaining clip, which holds the ribbon in place to the circuit board...?

    thanks
    Craig

  10. #10
    MySQL Error jcdillin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,043
    They are actually pretty fragile cables, all it takes is one bend the wrong way and it's done.

    I havent found anywhere to get those little clips, most people just use a toothpick to hold the cable down. just takes a little practice to get it in.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Belgian Shop to buy small TFT screens ?
    By H3nrY in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 07:05 AM
  2. Starting a Carputer shop
    By XxAndyxX in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 12:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •