Another 'unknown device' lilli touchscreen problem
I have searched, and there are posts complaining of this but noone has ever mentioned a fix for it, or if they sent it back, what was wrong.
Hw: 7" Lilliput (10 pin version), M10K, XP Pro SP2 (clean install)
Ive done this:
1. Collected several versions of touchkit
2. uninstalled ALL USB devices
3. reboot with nothing connected to USB
4. install Touchkit
6. plug in USB direct to mobo
Thats where it comes up with the 'device not recognised' balloon and shows 'unknown device' in device manager.
Tried manually showing it the drivers- get usual windows "this does not contain any information about your hardware" message. Burned a set to cd to see if that helped finding them. nope. Manually installed the infs from the disk, nada.
All versions of touchkit s/w installs ok, but shows no devices (obviously).
I have checked:
1. all the pins are straight
2. tested the lead with a multimeter- passed ok
3. different drivers (4 versions from different sites, egalax, innotouch etc)
4. different desktop XP pc, and a win98 pc (with win98 touchkit)- unknown still
5. tried usb>ps2 adapter
6. chipset inf and drivers are installed
7. removed and reinstalled via usb drivers
8. this m$ page http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;314464 ... it does show a dev id, nothing else looks out of order
9. checked M10k bios, usb kb support is on, irq for usb is on
And now I find out that my supplier, that I have a 1 year warranty with, claims that if I return it, because its over the 4 week grace period, it has to be sent back to hong kong and will take 8 weeks!! :mad: Not pleased.
To cap it all, its got a damn lilliput qc sticker sealing the screen halves together so if i open it to see if its an easy fix needing a quick solder but find nothing, then bang goes any warranty.
Sooo, what could be wrong?
What else can I do? (if anything)
What are the chances of me being able to fix it myself?
Has anyone managed to *ahem* slip the sticker off somehow? (heat? hairdrier? but if it rips im in the doodoo.)
I dont want to have to fork out for a new controller if I open it and find nothing wrong, but otoh, 8 weeks is a loooong time, itll be mid summer before i see it back....
Thanks in advance for any ideas