Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Litton Mobile VU

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6

    Litton Mobile VU

    Greetings,

    I have just this morning learned of the Litton Mobile VU but can find little info on it. I would like some specs on it if it is still available. Do you know of a source other than eBay?

    The reason for my interest is that we need to put some touch screens in trucks. They could be in-dash or yoke mount, 7 or 10.4". A couple requirements are viewability ( is that a word?) in sunlight and a USB interface for the touch screen. We were looking at a Lilliput but saw that it has some problems when cold, etc.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is new territory for me.

    Thanx,

    john

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6

  3. #3
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    200
    I have an older 10" Litton Mobile Vu in my truck.
    It is very bright and is readable in any light. Colors seems fine and the resolution is fine.

    But... It's very heavy and bulky. Also mine is serial interface for the touchscreen.
    You can buy them for around $100 from time to time.
    ...Paul

  4. #4
    Newbie greaseysub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    18

    Anyone know of drivers that work?

    I bought one of those screens and they are nice but good luck getting drivers to work. I've tried the UPDD ones linked on this forum and the ones from 3M and neither worked. Anyone know where to get the correct drivers?

  5. #5
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    greaserysub - your first post was moderated. It's a feature that we have enabled here on this forum to help prevent spam postings. As a new member, your first 5 posts are subject to moderation. The next time this happens, just be patient. A moderator will be by shortly to approve your post.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by greaseysub View Post
    I bought one of those screens and they are nice but good luck getting drivers to work. I've tried the UPDD ones linked on this forum and the ones from 3M and neither worked. Anyone know where to get the correct drivers?
    I have the CD I used to sucessfully setup mine. I can send you the files.
    ...Paul

  7. #7
    Newbie greaseysub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    18
    Paul,

    That would totally

    Can you send them via email to hankallan(at)yahoo(dot)com?

    or I'd even send you a disc or something...anything to get this puppy working!

    Thanks
    Hank

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by greaseysub View Post
    Paul,

    That would totally

    Can you send them via email to hankallan(at)yahoo(dot)com?

    or I'd even send you a disc or something...anything to get this puppy working!

    Thanks
    Hank
    Files sent via e-mail
    ...Paul

  9. #9
    Newbie greaseysub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    18
    Thanks Paul for the drivers. As far as I can tell it's the same UPDD software I tried previously. So maybe the configuration is the key thing.

    What controller did you choose that worked - was it the Carroll Touch Guide Wave? Did you change the hardware settings or did it simply Auto Detect?

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by greaseysub View Post
    Thanks Paul for the drivers. As far as I can tell it's the same UPDD software I tried previously. So maybe the configuration is the key thing.

    What controller did you choose that worked - was it the Carroll Touch Guide Wave? Did you change the hardware settings or did it simply Auto Detect?
    I've sent you an email with the setup instructions i used.
    It did take a little playing around. I believe it auto detected the hardware but I think I then had to play with some of the configuration settings. (My PC is down at the moment so I cant check it.)
    Note I am running windows 2000.
    ...Paul

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •