FedoraCore4 - Wireless issues?
I wasn't sure whether to post this here, or in the wireless forums, so after some thought I decided here made more sense (to me).
Building a carputer... so far I've:
- Built a chassis for in-dash installation.
- Installed PC components into above chassis.
- Installed Fedora Core 4 (fancy redhat).
- Compiled and installed rt2500 drivers for linksys 54G wireless card.
- Compiled and installed 3m touchscreen driver (after fixing it grrr)
- Successfully established a wireless connection from my pickup to my neighbor's wireless network :D.
So far so good. Unfortunately, I find manually trying to make a wireless connection distracting while driving, talking on a cell phone while "standing" in a parking lot, and so on.
So I guess I'm looking for a more automatic "I found this, so I will connect to this" type of linux/FC4 software, which will require less interaction from me.
I experimented with kismet however I just couldn't get it working for whatever reason.
What software do you guys use (on linux) for searching for available wifi hot spots? I did a search here, but didn't find anything terribly obvious.
Thanks in advance. I and my truck thank you :D