Car2Linux distro ! EPIA-M 10 secs boot time and more !
The full Linux version of Car2PC Linux distro is available here:
Here you can find installation instructions for the VIA EPIA-M board.
The distro is designated to work with no screen or keyboard and only uses your HU through Car2PC adapter to control all functions.
I'll name its features:
- 11 MB Linux distro for Epia-M platform only
- Full support for i18n and unicode
- 10 secs boot time on Linux after POST
- Removable storages detection
- Plays audio files
- Plays video files
- Automatic update from the removable storage( Linux only )
- Builds meta db for songs automatically upon removable media insertion
- Provides voice feedback on every action it does
- Simple plugin expandable
After it starts, you can use keyboard or your car stereo/steering wheel buttons to control the app.
Here is the list of keys:
The next steps are:
- left arrow, right arrow - scroll through selection
- 1, 2, enter - enter selection
- 6, esc, backspace - exit selection 1 level up
- r - set random playing
- , . - seek through the file ( fast forward, fast backward )
- <, > - scroll through selection
- 1, 2 - enter selection ( 2 plays everything from the current selection. eg the whole genre )
- 6 - exit selection 1 level up
- MIX - set random playing
- << >> - seek through the file ( fast forward, fast backward )
- FM/XM/Sirius support with recording
- Multiple sound card support for separate audio/video playback
The screenshot of the upcoming skin fix ( 220.127.116.11 version ):