LinuxICE2 3 week dev marathon - Requests Open
If you are a user of LinuxICE, or want to be, and are missing that "killer feature", now is the time to speak up. I'll be asking the wife and kids to let me stay up some late nights to get some killer plugins developed for LinuxICE2 starting next week. Hopefully, if you are a developer of sorts (all languages apply), you'll use this list to chose a feature and nail it down. Not familiar with the nghost plugin system? I'll also spend this three week period hand holding anyone who wants to dev a plugin for LinuxICE/nGhost.
Here's what I've got on my mind to do. Please help me decide which features you want most:
- Make nscan "just work"
- Make obdgpslogger/plug-and-play just work
- Vehicle efficiency indicators in NCarInfo ( green == good, red == bad)
- VOne plug (for the valentine 1 radar scanner
- OSDash client and UI (for something)
- Improve documentation on the website.
If you are a dev, these may be a good something to try to make a plugin for:
- m4-atx nghost plugin (code exists, just need UI and plugin)
- Boomzbox plugin
- Any OSDash web service
- Create a skin 100%
Some crazy ideas that make huge changes to nGhost:
- Convert graphics engine/event system to use QGraphics
- General push for more speed and stability in nGhost's core
- Make another frontend work on LinuxICE (including packaging): RevFE and/or OpenMobile
If you want to tackle a feature, let me know. If you would like to see me tackle any of these feature for the marathon, let me know. I'll do as many as I can depending on what you want and the effort involved.
Let's make LinuxICE awesome!