Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: IONIdea using nGhost

  1. #1
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494

    IONIdea using nGhost

    IONIdea is an embedded telecommunications company that has taken interest in the nGhost project. They've developed a pretty cool skin which you can download from their website. They also have submitted code to the project! Check them out here:

    http://ionidea.ua/nghost/index.html

    Black Sea Skin:
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    238
    Very nice. Has a WMP look to it.

    Out of curiosity, what code has IONIdea contributed?

  3. #3
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11601 View Post
    Very nice. Has a WMP look to it.

    Out of curiosity, what code has IONIdea contributed?
    They've posted a patch to add file based media browsing to nghost so you can use nghost without nscan (and when your music isn't properly tagged).
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  4. #4
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    85
    Hi,
    please write a simply guide for install the Nghost.
    If I have a empty Hard Disk, what I have to do?

    thanks.

  5. #5
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by riko View Post
    Hi,
    please write a simply guide for install the Nghost.
    If I have a empty Hard Disk, what I have to do?

    thanks.
    There are a lot of docs already written on http://wiki.openice.org.

    But here's one on nGhost installation specifically:

    http://wiki.openice.org/index.php?ti...talling_nGhost

    Also, the easiest way to run nGhost is to download and install LinuxICE.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    85
    Hi,
    is true I install Ubuntu 10.04, after I install the Nghost??? ..
    Because I have download the LinuxIce and LinuxIce DVD, I have try to install in 4 devices, Notebook, Desktop, CarPC and 3.5 Quanmax Motherboard, try install using the DVD-Rom or USB Pen (using UNETBoot), but when install I have every an error... it's impossible in all devices and using different device for loading the iso...

    I have install Ubuntu 10.04 and now I install the NGhost?

    thanks.
    Federico

  7. #7
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by riko View Post
    Hi,
    is true I install Ubuntu 10.04, after I install the Nghost??? ..
    Because I have download the LinuxIce and LinuxIce DVD, I have try to install in 4 devices, Notebook, Desktop, CarPC and 3.5 Quanmax Motherboard, try install using the DVD-Rom or USB Pen (using UNETBoot), but when install I have every an error... it's impossible in all devices and using different device for loading the iso...

    I have install Ubuntu 10.04 and now I install the NGhost?

    thanks.
    Federico
    what is the error you get when trying to load/install LinuxICE?

    Yes, you can install nghost on top of ubuntu 10.04. Follow the directions here: http://wiki.openice.org/index.php?ti...inary_package:

    It assumes you have some knowledge of how to add repositories and use the command line.
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    85
    Hi Tripzero,
    I try to install the Nghost on top of Ubuntu 10.04.
    If I understand I follow all steps ???

    and the result of this link is "error not found"

    Install libnghost
    nghost sf.net project page

    thanks.
    Riko

  9. #9
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,494
    Quote Originally Posted by riko View Post
    Hi Tripzero,
    I try to install the Nghost on top of Ubuntu 10.04.
    If I understand I follow all steps ???

    and the result of this link is "error not found"

    Install libnghost
    nghost sf.net project page

    thanks.
    Riko
    yes, follow the steps in the link I gave you. That should get you up and running .
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  10. #10
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    85
    thanks...

    but for the link that doesn't work? I don't proceed...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 05:11 PM
  2. Linux Ice and Nghost looking for developers
    By wirelessdreamer in forum LinuxICE
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 06:05 AM
  3. nGhost 2.0.0 Final is out!
    By tripzero in forum LinuxICE
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
  4. nscan seg fault when nghost opens comunications
    By GreyBeard45 in forum LinuxICE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 05:38 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 11:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •