M2-ATX does not cut off power(hardoff)
Hey guys, I have a problem that everyone seems not to have.
Background: upgrading my jetway Motherboard to a new zotac ionitx-f-e motherboard. The M2-ATX works flawlessly with the jetway on P1
(5s delay 45s hardoff). I'm using a 12V ac-dc adapter (rated at 6A, plenty of power), simulating ign with 12V switch. M2-ATX was purchased here, from the mp3car store around feb, 2008.
(A) ign on, wait 5 seconds, computer turns on
(B) ign off, wait 5 seconds, computer hibernates, then turns off
(C) ign on, nothing happens
- computer draws at a peak when booting ~2.2A, ASSUME: ac-dc adapter isn't the problem
- when m2-atx turns off (B), it is still drawing 100 mA after comp hibernates. ASSUME: is the 5VSB line still on.
- 12 hours later, M2-ATX is still drawing ~100 mA. ASSUME: M2-ATX never cutting off all power.
- If I unplug the ac-dc adapter (cutting off unswitched 12V to m2-atx), and ign on, it will boot up normally (A) but get stuck at (C).
In the manual, where it states the mode of operation, the m2-atx is stuck right after sending a signal to mobo off.
It is NOT turning off the 5VSB line after "hardoff" seconds (45s in my case). Therefore, not detecting a switch on the IGN.
What's the deal? I thought M2-ATX will shut off all power DISREGARDING the state of the motherboard. It cuts off power on my jetway mobo (using only 7mA
instead of 100mA), AND detects ign on after it shuts down.
- bios settings? nothing in the bios ive changed helped
- windows xp sp3 acting weird? upgrade to windows 7?
- bad motherboard? works fine without m2-atx..
- bad m2-atx? works fine with my jetway mobo..
- motherboard keeping PS_ON or PS_OK signal on ATX power connector? I thought M2-ATX ignores the state of the motherboard for hardoff...
Any help is greatly appreciated, as I am baffled... and outraged. Thanks