So I've bought M4-ATX power supply and here is what I did:
1) First I made USB-cable for getting some information about M4-ATX, it worked as expected and I was happy
2) Then I putted motherboard(P4S333-VM)and M4-ATX into my car and powered things up! I switched computer on EVERYTHING WORKED AND I WAS HAPPY AGAIN!
3) So, my M4-ATX worked well but I wanted it to start computer automatically. I took wires off and pushed DIP SWITCH 1 down(5sec +1min). I wired everything up and nothing happens(yes I powered up my car also). I was sad and took M4-ATX out of car and went into my house and plugged M4-ATX to my laptop -> "Windows doesn't recognize USB-device". Now I was like what the heck. So I was thinking like Einstein and tried to put DIP SWITCH 1 to off state -> then Windows recognized M4-ATX. HMM
4) So my problem still wasn't solved and I took couple hours checking posts here at MP3Car.com. Someone said that resetting factory settings do the trick so, then I did that. Wired thing up and then I was SUPER!!! So everything worked as expected! (Except windows doesn't recognize M4-ATX if DIP SWITCH 1 is down)
5) I took my girlfriend with me and we went little trip with my car and my super cool carputer! Everything was supercool and music was playing loud and everything was perfect until-> We went to store and carputer shutted down properly. Then we came back and powered up my car -> carputer didn't boot up?!?!
6) We drived home and I was thinking and figured it out. Somehow my computer did an error and so it shutted down always when it came up. I fixed it and booted up computer manually(connect pwr pins). Then I shutted it down properly and connected M4-ATX powerup pins to my motherboard and powered up my car -> NOTHING HAPPENS! When I power up my car, motherboard gets voltage(motherboard led is on) but doesnt boot up, and if I power down my car motherboard is off(immediately). Now it boot up only manually and it's not nice...
7) I thought that if resetting factory defaults worked last time, it will work also now. I did factory settings reset but it's still same! Power up motherboard but not computer!!! Oh I almost forgot, if I have power pins plugged in motherboard and power up my car-> NOTHING HAPPENS, but if I take off power pins from motherboard-> computer boot up!
I did again factory settings reset but nothing happens. Now my motherboard doesn't even get any voltage and I'm like
1) "Windows doesn't recognize USB-device" if DIP SWITCH 1 is on(5sec + 1min)
2) DIP SWITCH 1 setting worked when factory settings reset was made, but after couple boot times it didn't work anymore. Doesn't work if I do factory settings reset again.
3) If DIP SWITCH 1 is on and power up pins are plugged to motherboard -> NOTHING HAPPENS, but if I take power up pins off -> I get boot up
4) 5sec + 1min setting worked couple times and I noticed that computer doesn't hibernate when computer shut down(yes power settings is "if you press shut down button -> hibernate"). But manually connecting pwr pins, computer hibernates.
5) I tried using it as regulad power supply after factory reset but it didn't seems to work so well. Sometimes motherboard gets voltages and sometimes not... Usually taking off all power and cables work if you don't get voltages to motherboard.
I don't think that it's something wrong in my computer setup because it worked well couple times.
So now I'm finished with my story and if you don't understand something with my writing(I'm not fluent in english), ask me.
Waiting for replies!
Have you got any reply from Mini-itx
- 99% Planning + 1% Development = Mission Completed!
My Work Log: My $5000 Car PC
haha ya I know its the M4 and not the M2 but I didnt see anything on the website about the M4 to download, thats why I was askin!