Stud Size of M4-ATX
Because I'm using my own case for my project, I want to fabricate a nice connector like that on the back of the Voom2.
Here's what I'm thinking:
- 8 gauge from the battery to the distribution block.
- 16 gauge from the distribution block to the male "mini-fit JR".
- 16 gauge from the female "mini-fit JR" to the spade connectors on the M4-ATX.
- Spade connectors into the studs on the M4-ATX.
So, couple questions.
- Does anyone know the stud size on the M4-ATX?
- I'm planning 8AWG wire to a distro block, can I run 16AWG from distro to the M4? This run won't be very long, maybe a foot.
- Looking at the catalog I have a couple options, Snap Spade, Flanged Spade, Spade Tongue. I'm leaning towards Snap Spade, it looks like it should fit - again though the stud size is going to kick in. Any feedback on which type of Spade?
I figured this was the best area to post this question. I searched both with Google and the MP3Car search, but couldn't find an answer.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
I wouldn't use 16awg. I'd use 8-10awg from the distro block to the devices and 0-4awg from the battery to your distro block.
It might be more than necessary, but you'll also know that your wires aren't going to get warm from resistance and you can add more devices later on because you ran suitable wiring in the first place.
I can do that. Darque do you happen to know the stud size of the M4? I don't have mine ordered yet else I'd take it to the local autozone and mess with spades 'til I found the right one.
Originally Posted by DarquePervert
The connector size you need is .250 X .032
These are what I used. Get whatever size wire you need for them. This is for 16-18ga I think. That is what I have inside my case to the external connector where I step up to 10ga and then to junction block.
Okay so I'm revising my thoughts on wiring then. Which I have no problems revising, I'd rather, as Darque stated - be on the safe side with this stuff.
- 4gauge from battery to the distro (step up fuse size from 50amp to 125amp)
- 8gauge from the distro to the external connector on the Thin Client
- 16gauge inside the Thin Client, from the connector to the M4.
I'll go for the connector fixer has listed.
I'm assuming then fixer that you've not had any problems with it coming loose at all from your M4-ATX?
No problems at all.
Originally Posted by jpinkerton
Awesome, I've read the horror stories about the M4, but am looking forward to my purchase. I'll order the parts Monday or Tuesday when I'm back in town.
Thanks guys for your knowledge.
I am getting ready to wire up my build, and I am going to do 4 gauge to distro, and 8 gauge from distro to m4-atx. My 2 cents.