I ended taking a sharp blade down one of the sides of the remote, because i could work out how it came apart. It should then open up like a book.
Or use your dremel.
Be careful though.
Here is how to disassemble your Apple Remote without damaging the casing:
1. Remove the battery by pressing the white spring button the end with a pointed object.
2. Remove the screw visible inside the battery compartment.
3. Use a pair of tweezers to pull out the gray spring button inside the battery compartment.
4. Remove the screw visible in the hole where the gray spring button used to be.
5. Use a pair of tweezers to remove the battery compartment by pulling on the white spring button.
6. Push out the rest of the guts with a screwdriver or something long and skinny like that.
To reassemble just do these steps backwards.
Some very nice work there!