Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Mini in RSX

  1. #1
    Variable Bitrate super-fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    256

    Mini in RSX

    I just bought and RSX type-s, transmission went on the impala, so its time for a new install. The only thing I really have to get I think is a smaller screen since I can tear everything else out of the impala. Anyways, couple questions, anyone else with a RSX where did you mount the mini and also how are you getting audio from the mini to the speakers. In my impala I ran audio through the factory head unit relocated to the trunk as a aux input and then controlled it through the steering wheel. Thanks for the input.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    12
    If you find a good way to install and feel like posting a worklog let me know, my buddy just picked up a 2002 RSX and is interested in a setup after seeing my GTI

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate VmtSquad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montréal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by super-fly View Post
    I just bought and RSX type-s, transmission went on the impala, so its time for a new install. The only thing I really have to get I think is a smaller screen since I can tear everything else out of the impala. Anyways, couple questions, anyone else with a RSX where did you mount the mini and also how are you getting audio from the mini to the speakers. In my impala I ran audio through the factory head unit relocated to the trunk as a aux input and then controlled it through the steering wheel. Thanks for the input.
    There's some Auxiliary device designed by USASPEC. All device also gives you the opportunity to connect a ipod/iphone...so they both have 2 interfaces.

    Personally I have the PA11-HON2 for my TL 2004, simply enter your car makes and models and you'll see which device is suitable for you car.

    http://www.usaspec.com/page.php?PageID=19

    Since the Mac mini audio card is not the best, I also bought this unit to improve the Sound quality

    http://us.store.creative.com/Creativ...B000IZ96LQ.htm

    Hope it answers your question !!

    Good luck on the install!
    VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
    Final Install
    CarPC progress: 95%

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate natedawgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by VmtSquad View Post
    There's some Auxiliary device designed by USASPEC. All device also gives you the opportunity to connect a ipod/iphone...so they both have 2 interfaces.

    Personally I have the PA11-HON2 for my TL 2004, simply enter your car makes and models and you'll see which device is suitable for you car.

    http://www.usaspec.com/page.php?PageID=19

    Since the Mac mini audio card is not the best, I also bought this unit to improve the Sound quality

    http://us.store.creative.com/Creativ...B000IZ96LQ.htm

    Hope it answers your question !!

    Good luck on the install!

    does that first product you mentioned require the factory headunit? or can you use it in place of the headunit?
    Check out the new version of NAS, a cross platform music frontend here

  5. #5
    Variable Bitrate csfile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    274
    The PA11-HON won't work with the RSX-S:

    Notes:
    Works with AM/FM/CD Radio Only Will NOT Work With Acura RSX-TYPE S The PA11 Is not compatible With vehicles that have inDash Six Disc changers
    I haven't looked in a while, but I never found an easy way to add an aux port in with the stock headunit of the RSX-S. From looking on clubrsx, I only found hack jobs or headunit replacements. Maybe something new has come out.

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate VmtSquad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montréal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by natedawgg View Post
    does that first product you mentioned require the factory headunit? or can you use it in place of the headunit?
    It's connecting in the AUX input of the HEADUNIT so you absolutly need the HU.

    Quote Originally Posted by csfile View Post
    The PA11-HON won't work with the RSX-S:

    I haven't looked in a while, but I never found an easy way to add an aux port in with the stock headunit of the RSX-S. From looking on clubrsx, I only found hack jobs or headunit replacements. Maybe something new has come out.
    Humm, are you sure? I have a Acura TL 2004 with in dash 6CD changer and it works well. You only need an AUX input / CD changer or XM input in the OEM stereo to connect the USASPEC.

    I see from the list on the USASPEC site that RSX from 2002 to 2006 are supported, as for the Type-S you may have to ask to the company before buying just to be 100% sure.

    Which year you RSX ??
    VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
    Final Install
    CarPC progress: 95%

  7. #7
    Variable Bitrate super-fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    256
    04

  8. #8
    Variable Bitrate VmtSquad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montréal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by super-fly View Post
    04

    enter it there and you'll get which device is right for you!

    http://www.usaspec.com/vehicle_products.php
    VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
    Final Install
    CarPC progress: 95%

  9. #9
    Variable Bitrate super-fly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    256
    dosen't work with the type-s hu...fail...so i guess my options are either buy a new hu or an amp correct?

  10. #10
    Variable Bitrate VmtSquad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Montréal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by super-fly View Post
    dosen't work with the type-s hu...fail...so i guess my options are either buy a new hu or an amp correct?
    Did you ask them or simply figured out urself?
    VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
    Final Install
    CarPC progress: 95%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FAQ: Installing a Mac Mini in Your Car
    By Bugbyte in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
  2. Mini in RSX
    By super-fly in forum ICE3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 12:02 PM
  3. Mini Mac 4 Porsche 944
    By 4thChild in forum MacCar
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 10:16 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 07:54 AM
  5. Pc Mini
    By fungke in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •