Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Someone please email Steve Jobs, this is out of hand

  1. #11
    Newbie MDLarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    39
    DocNupe, you treat this issue like it's your God-given right to have a good GPS program on the Mac. It's getting tiresome.

    Here's some advice: create your own company and make your own superior Mac GPS program.
    WRX + Mac mini Progress:
    [|---------] 1% (Planning & Fund-raising)
    Visit the project headquarters.

  2. #12
    FLAC sdashiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Floreeda
    Posts
    1,084
    damn tootin.
    (0.0%-) starting over
    iPad 3G 64GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL10W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

  3. #13
    Mac Car Moderator kandyman676's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    813
    Damn, i'm a way for a few days, and this crap is flying around. Keep it up and you can win a free ride out of here with some PMs to the admins.


    Back to the "discussion":
    Its not apple's responsibility to do GPS...its software developers. They choose which language to develop it in...some allow portability, others don't. As others have said, to them its all about profitability.

    Until Macs become known with cars and the perferred OS to use for navigation, then its Route 66 only. Its all about supply and demand. right now we are just little voices in a see of opportunity. Its a matter of anybody decides to lissen to us to actually do it.
    "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

    Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

    My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
    Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

  4. #14
    Low Bitrate DocNupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by kandyman676
    Damn, i'm a way for a few days, and this crap is flying around. Keep it up and you can win a free ride out of here with some PMs to the admins.
    sigh..............feel free to PM whomever you would like, it will not change my stand on this matter. I have my opinion and I will stick to it.

    That opinion is Steve Jobs should have had someone look into this a long time ago.

    MDLarson, God-given right to have GPS software, ummmn no???? But just as we had games ported to the Macintosh 6 years ago (PM and I can forward the macworld announcement from Steve Jobs via Quicktime), the same can be said for the necessity of having GPS and Ibus programs ported to macintosh today to boost sales of the MacMini. Also, I assure if making my own company to help Apple sell PC's was what I really wanted to do, then I would do it. Comment not appreciated, really!

    As for the topic at hand, profitability, ummmmn do you really think it was profitable for Bungie to port PC games to Mac, to sell a fraction of the copies that were sold of the regular PC versions, so Steve Jobs could sale Imacs? I would venture to say it was not and it was more of a benefit to Apple (I believe Apple paid Bungie a lot to do this, I could be wrong though). Same thing applies to GPS software ported to Macintosh


    Macintosh will never be the preferred platform, but they can gain a larger share of the market with a few strategy changes. Furthermore, it seems like changes are at hand as we speak. Multiple GPS programs will be released within the next year for the Tiger OS

  5. #15
    FLAC sdashiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Floreeda
    Posts
    1,084
    Bah, why do people think that forums are a place to ***** at eachother, thats the playground. Go to it children. sheesh
    (0.0%-) starting over
    iPad 3G 64GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL10W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

  6. #16
    Newbie MDLarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maple Grove, MN
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by DocNupe
    As for the topic at hand, profitability, ummmmn do you really think it was profitable for Bungie to port PC games to Mac, to sell a fraction of the copies that were sold of the regular PC versions, so Steve Jobs could sale Imacs? I would venture to say it was not and it was more of a benefit to Apple (I believe Apple paid Bungie a lot to do this, I could be wrong though).
    Actually, Bungie did Mac games only, ported one game to the PC (Marathon 2), and then went simultaneous PC / Mac releases.

    It surprises many Xbox / Halo fans to know that Halo was originally developed by one of the flagship Mac gaming companies, and intended to be released for the Mac way back when.
    WRX + Mac mini Progress:
    [|---------] 1% (Planning & Fund-raising)
    Visit the project headquarters.

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Elmira NY
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by sdashiki
    i do digital arts, if I had a pc, laugh at me then.

    i got a nice mac for doing my digital media bidding and i dont play games too much sooooo why do i need a winbloze?
    you know for photoshop a PC is faster?
    http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/a...e.jsp?id=31238
    a PC is faster cheaper.

    and Adobe Premiere Pro is only for windows XP

  8. #18
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    Hang on a sec, guys! PLEASE can we not turn yet another forum into an OS and PC bash-fest? We can all find our fill of those in other places.

    DocNupe - I was seriously trying to answer your question. In case it matters, I've owned and used Macs exclusively since they quit making the Atari ST back in the late 1980's. I love them, but I'm also conscious that Apple users come across as nuts a lot of the time and the conversation often degenerates into name-calling.

    Your question actually got me to thinking about why these things aren't ported over more often. I guess I went overboard when the ideas started flowing.

    One of the things I like about the MP3car forums is not a whole lot of elitism and bashing takes place because there's lots of ways to get a car pc in your car. Hopefully that will continue around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  9. #19
    Variable Bitrate lastberserker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by DocNupe
    Dream be bold, dare to change, ummmmn "Think different???????"
    How quickly people forget, the full motto was Think different, pay Jobs instead
    Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

  10. #20
    Low Bitrate DocNupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte
    Hang on a sec, guys! PLEASE can we not turn yet another forum into an OS and PC bash-fest? We can all find our fill of those in other places.

    DocNupe - I was seriously trying to answer your question. In case it matters, I've owned and used Macs exclusively since they quit making the Atari ST back in the late 1980's. I love them, but I'm also conscious that Apple users come across as nuts a lot of the time and the conversation often degenerates into name-calling.

    Your question actually got me to thinking about why these things aren't ported over more often. I guess I went overboard when the ideas started flowing.

    One of the things I like about the MP3car forums is not a whole lot of elitism and bashing takes place because there's lots of ways to get a car pc in your car. Hopefully that will continue around here.
    Very true man. I just think if i was there, what i would have done. Man the Atari, that is old school, lol. Remember the Comadore 64? I still have two of them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Steve Jobs and Mac Car
    By rushnrockt in forum MacCar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
  2. anyone with the ReadyOn SDK please pm / email me _PLEASE_
    By mattress in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2005, 03:59 PM
  3. Car PC to read me my email and IM TEXT
    By TheSpecialist in forum Newbie
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 07:38 PM
  4. petemal2000 email me re lcds
    By pcman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 12:41 AM
  5. Right hand drive cars & touchscreens....
    By LDO in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-20-2003, 06:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •