Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 158

Thread: Beta: CCarProject

  1. #41
    Low Bitrate BenjaminS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by raceer
    Great work Benjamin !!

    I have tested 0.3 on powerbook (G4 512M) on fully patched 10.3.9 using a library of approx 2000 (11GB music) no dramas/crashes or anything else to report.

    Btw. is the little icon on the top right (for settings?) implemented ? as it does not respond to moi.

    Again keep up the GREAT work !!
    yay 2000 songs :P thats good to hear. The only button that is implemented right now is the music button. I am working on the settings design, trying to figure out what needs to be settings and all the fun stuff.

    I won't be able to make my nightly build tonight, i am in the process of cleaning code and separating sorting through my functions to make sure my controllers are controlling, and not viewing or modeling.

    The source should go up sometime this weekend if anyone is interested in helping.

    And thank you all for your support, i really appreciate it!
    BenjaminS
    Powered by Imagination
    http://www.ccarproject.net/

  2. #42
    Low Bitrate BenjaminS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte
    Seems like a lot of the crashes happened on dual machines. I didn't mention it but mine is a dual 1ghz G4. Just a possibility.
    I have used this on my mm, laptop, and G5 at work, all seems well for me.

    The bug is in a get artwork selector. I think i may have gotten it, but I have yet to hear back from you to see if .03 fixed it or not.
    BenjaminS
    Powered by Imagination
    http://www.ccarproject.net/

  3. #43
    Newbie DerekICT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wichita, Ks
    Posts
    42
    The Xenarc is 800 x 480 too
    ---
    Work in progress - 95% Complete

    MacMini 1.42GHz 1GB RAM - WiFi, Bluetooth
    NewerTech miniStack 160GB
    Xenarc 7" 700TSV

    GPS - Rayming TN-200 w/ Route 66
    XM PCR
    AM/FM Radio Shark
    CCar Front End
    Carnetix P1900
    Griffin AirClick Remote

  4. #44
    Low Bitrate FireAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    104
    I run 800 x 600 because it is easy and looks very sharp on my lilliput 7". Yes, the native resolution is 800 x 480 but I don't find that things look squashed. Of course I'm not doing CAD on this thing and Avril still looks skinny in her music videos

    Has anyone got the liiliput to run at 800 x 480 on a mac? I read the thead about the xenarc screen and it sounded like a pain.

    No crashes today using it to and from work. I just can't close it with out using the keyboard. Please incorporate an exit or power button.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    PS I think everyone can get 800 x 600 to work while many people have problems getting 800 x 480 to display.
    Mike F
    05 MINI Cooper Cabrio "Mac MINI"
    progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

  5. #45
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminS
    I have used this on my mm, laptop, and G5 at work, all seems well for me.

    The bug is in a get artwork selector. I think i may have gotten it, but I have yet to hear back from you to see if .03 fixed it or not.
    No joy! Version 3 launched and the "loading songs" progress bar went fine, then the "loading albums" progress bar, slower (40 seconds or so for about 3100 songs) but still fine. Then no window. The app didn't crash, it just didn't open up a window with the controls on it.

    It showed in the dock and you could hide it, show it, etc. just like a regular app but no window and controls and of course, no music either.

    No crash reporter log for the app either!

    Running 10.3.9 Panther, 1 gig of RAM, dual 1ghz G4. Looks like I'm the only one with a problem, which is a good thing...for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  6. #46
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10
    Good job. I have about 4000 songs in itunes and it handled them fine, I did notice that when browsing by album after about page 12 the albums would not change and that there were 7 showing instead of 8.

  7. #47
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte
    No joy! Version 3 launched and the "loading songs" progress bar went fine, then the "loading albums" progress bar, slower (40 seconds or so for about 3100 songs) but still fine. Then no window. The app didn't crash, it just didn't open up a window with the controls on it.

    It showed in the dock and you could hide it, show it, etc. just like a regular app but no window and controls and of course, no music either.

    No crash reporter log for the app either!

    Running 10.3.9 Panther, 1 gig of RAM, dual 1ghz G4. Looks like I'm the only one with a problem, which is a good thing...for everyone else.
    This is the same thing that happened to me. Running 10.4 1 gig of Ram dual 1.25 G4. The prgress bars went by so fast you couldn't even read them. Then nothing, no crash, but no window.
    Thanks,

    Joe

  8. #48
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'm telling you, it's something about the dual cpu models...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  9. #49
    Low Bitrate BenjaminS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGoat149
    Good job. I have about 4000 songs in itunes and it handled them fine, I did notice that when browsing by album after about page 12 the albums would not change and that there were 7 showing instead of 8.
    fixed that last night, sorry, lazy math :P
    BenjaminS
    Powered by Imagination
    http://www.ccarproject.net/

  10. #50
    Low Bitrate BenjaminS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte
    I'm telling you, it's something about the dual cpu models...
    ok im going to write a little debugging app then. see if i can target the problem.
    BenjaminS
    Powered by Imagination
    http://www.ccarproject.net/

Similar Threads

  1. Destinator 3 Frontend v1.1.3 BETA 2 - Let's try again!
    By Ninja Monkey in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 04:45 PM
  2. I got beta Powermate Drivers.
    By fluffy2097 in forum Input Devices
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 08:01 PM
  3. Nice device for VW Beta??
    By Enigmaster in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 02:33 PM
  4. Ford Focus ME Skin Beta 1
    By nitr0genics in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 01:02 PM
  5. Beta Test 1.6.9 Available
    By CarComp in forum ME Archive
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2002, 10:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •