Well, I gonna start my project (Mac mini + Audi A3) within few days, so I’ve already done some research. So far, what I’ve learnt about the basic requirements are:
1. A Mac mini, of course
2. Touch screen monitor, depends upon your mounting situation – standalone or a flip-out one
3. CNX-P1900 + P5V module for power supply
4. Self powered USB hub (I’d recommend a switchable one)
5. USB external soundcard (if you after quality sound), Audigy 2 NX maybe
6. Money to buy all of these stuffs
7. Enough courage to tell your wife/girlfriend/fiancée about it
8. Lastly, keep aside a few sleepless nights to for debuging the problems you may come across.
BTW, what you mean the ".....new mac mini to come out"? Do you mean the Intel based one? Do you think that gonna come out within few weeks?
All the best!!!