Harmony - Mac Front End Worklog
I've decided to post a worklog to document progress on Harmony, an open source Applescript front-end that myself and two other members have been working on.
Latest Update: 4/23/2006
Status: .8 Alpha, not yet released
Working on: Putting new 'H' interface look in place, coding Obj-C serial port access.
Normal Mode, for controlling the music player.
Driving Mode, which is displayed automatically after the user interface is idle for a period of time.
Here's documentation in Word for how it works:
- iTunes playback
- XM control for XM Direct
- Voice announcements of songs
- Autoplay on awake from sleep
- Remembers the song and player position when put to sleep
- Keyboard commands for control via any device that can generate key commands
- App launcher
- Screen dimming
- GPS input (thanks to ZapWizard for the inspiration!)
- Autodimming of screen (either user specified or autocalculated according to lat/long)
- Voice control and search.
- A rather lengthy list of stuff that's too speculative to list right now.
When will it be released?
As soon as possible.
Open Source, eh? Where's the Code
We'll post that when we make our first release.