all of what you want to do besides removing the drive is possible.
1) Yes the drivers have been updated for the intel
2) GPS exists but its not as great as if you were running a PC
3) you can get the RadioShark, a USB FM receiver that has its own interface in OSX.
4) This is one of the hardest parts but it is still possible. It would take several little bits and bobs to get it to work, almost not worth it in my opinion if you already have the screen.
5) Very, well not to get it out, but why? just buy a USB CD/DVD reader and be done with it, dont go and blow your warranty with that.