Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Font Tahoma not found

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    142

    Font Tahoma not found

    When I try to start the app, i got the message " Application Font Tahoma not found.."

    And when I click Ok i got this message "Maneuver Windows Font Tahoma not found"

    But i got the font, and I tried to install it from a computer where the D3 app works?

    What to do??

  2. #2
    Self proclaimed spoon feeder TruckinMP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,742
    Tahoma is a windows system font.... not sure why it would be 'missing'
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

    Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

    Read the FAQ!

  3. #3
    FreeDrive Creator CdRsKuLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,509
    you have the font, to install it do the following

    open up control panel, in there click on the font icon.. a folder will open with all your currently installed fonts.. just copy the font into it.. you should see a message saying installing font for a second

    Cdr

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL
    you have the font, to install it do the following

    open up control panel, in there click on the font icon.. a folder will open with all your currently installed fonts.. just copy the font into it.. you should see a message saying installing font for a second

    Cdr
    I know how to install fonts, and i have tryed this! but it arent helping

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    I also got this problem now, only map monkey and freedrive that says this, anyone knows a way to solve this?

  6. #6
    Map Monkey Creator Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Do you have a lot of fonts? (ie, in the thousands)
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2
    no, 355 installed

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by clemen View Post
    When I try to start the app, i got the message " Application Font Tahoma not found.."

    And when I click Ok i got this message "Maneuver Windows Font Tahoma not found"

    But i got the font, and I tried to install it from a computer where the D3 app works?

    What to do??
    Might be an old thread but I have an answer.

    I'm new to this CarPC lark and just starting down the road of an install.
    I had the above on a laptop with XP SP2. Tahoma was indeed installed, however this is how I got around it...

    Make a new folder named "stored fonts" stick it wherever you want I choose my docs.
    Open control panel then the fonts folder.
    Copy (and I'll reiterate COPY) the entire contents of the original font folder to your "stored fonts" folder.

    EDIT:
    Sorry I see I missed a bit out, after copying, delete all the fonts in the original fonts folder in control panel.


    You'll get some messages stating that windows can't move certain fonts, ignore them.
    Once the copying process has completed, close the open windows and restart system.
    Windows will reinstall the required fonts one of which is Tahoma.

    My map monkey now opens without the Tahhoma error.

    You may find some programs having problems finding fonts, depends what you running. You can copy individual font's or tell any programs to use another font if required.
    hths
    \v/

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by NobbyV4 View Post
    Might be an old thread but I have an answer.

    I'm new to this CarPC lark and just starting down the road of an install.
    I had the above on a laptop with XP SP2. Tahoma was indeed installed, however this is how I got around it...

    Make a new folder named "stored fonts" stick it wherever you want I choose my docs.
    Open control panel then the fonts folder.
    Copy (and I'll reiterate COPY) the entire contents of the original font folder to your "stored fonts" folder.
    You'll get some messages stating that windows can't move certain fonts, ignore them.
    Once the copying process has completed, close the open windows and restart system.
    Windows will reinstall the required fonts one of which is Tahoma.

    My map monkey now opens without the Tahhoma error.

    You may find some programs having problems finding fonts, depends what you running. You can copy individual font's or tell any programs to use another font if required.
    hths
    \v/
    If you just "COPY" the fonts to a new folder, why would Windows want to re-install them
    They are still there Don't you mean "MOVE" ?
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    If you just "COPY" the fonts to a new folder, why would Windows want to re-install them
    They are still there Don't you mean "MOVE" ?
    Sorry I see I missed a bit out, after copying, delete all the fonts in the original fonts folder in control panel.

    No defo copy them, windows programs (and other software looks for fonts they don't install in their own created folder) look for the font's in the original location as far as I see it.

    The reason for copying them is so if a program need a particular font to work correctly you can return it to the windows font folder.

    Windows demands some fonts for dialog boxes ect so reinstalls some when it detects they are not present.

    Works for me.

    Another Plus point is quicker boot up as windows is not loading all those surplus fonts it doesn't require.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Headunit (Linux/Windows CarPC frontend) + initial screenshots
    By NoPistonPC in forum Other Cool Front Ends
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
  2. Bug Reports
    By frodobaggins in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 12:25 AM
  3. Font colors in Frodoplayer
    By sfay93 in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:19 AM
  4. font from logo?
    By doig in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-17-2004, 03:55 PM
  5. changing font size of file names in Windows Explorer?
    By Squeezer in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2001, 04:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •