Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: BU-303 and Destinator 3 Frontend

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    BU-303 and Destinator 3 Frontend

    I'm having trouble setting up Destinator 3 Frontend v1.1.3 BETA with my BU-303.

    I have installed all the drivers and can lock onto satellites using the GPS Info software that came with the receiver. But when I go into Destinator 3........ and go into Settings > GPS Status > Acquire settings (i think) I can't find the receiver. I can change the com ports from Port 1 or Port 4, but my receiver is in Port 3 !!

    I had previously installed it all and had the receiver on com port 7, and destinator shown com ports 3 and 4, so I rebuilt my machine, thinking that if I install the receiver on com port 3/4 it would be ok, but now it's just driving me batty!!

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Map Monkey Creator Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by lummy
    I'm having trouble setting up Destinator 3 Frontend v1.1.3 BETA with my BU-303.

    I have installed all the drivers and can lock onto satellites using the GPS Info software that came with the receiver. But when I go into Destinator 3........ and go into Settings > GPS Status > Acquire settings (i think) I can't find the receiver. I can change the com ports from Port 1 or Port 4, but my receiver is in Port 3 !!

    I had previously installed it all and had the receiver on com port 7, and destinator shown com ports 3 and 4, so I rebuilt my machine, thinking that if I install the receiver on com port 3/4 it would be ok, but now it's just driving me batty!!

    Cheers
    Seeing as you're using 1.1.3, Why don't you use advanced mode and skip having to use the buggy D3 code?
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    50
    When i use my BU-303 in Advanced mode i get an error:

    Run-time error '400':
    Form already displayed; can't show modally

    The settings i use in advanced mode is:

    [Advanced GPS]
    //NMEA Receivers only
    UseAdvanced=Yes
    COMPort=6
    COMBaud=AutoDetect
    Protocol=NMEA

    //Speed Camera Detection
    SC_Enabled=Yes
    SC_Warning1=1000
    SC_Warning2=100
    SC_AlertIfNotSpeeding=Yes
    SC_ShowOnMap=No
    SC_SpeedFormatInDB=KPH
    SC_DB=Denmark
    Car PC: Via Epia M10000N ~ Morex Cubid 2699 ~ M2-ATX PSU ~ 512 MB DDR Kingston ~ G-Sat BU-303 GPS mouse ~ 80 GB Samsung 3.5" hdd ~ Ruwido Wireless IR Keyboard w/mouse keys. ~ 7" - MM400 Touch Screen

    www.autopc.dk

  4. #4
    Map Monkey Creator Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by henriktha
    When i use my BU-303 in Advanced mode i get an error:

    Run-time error '400':
    Form already displayed; can't show modally

    The settings i use in advanced mode is:

    [Advanced GPS]
    //NMEA Receivers only
    UseAdvanced=Yes
    COMPort=6
    COMBaud=AutoDetect
    Protocol=NMEA

    //Speed Camera Detection
    SC_Enabled=Yes
    SC_Warning1=1000
    SC_Warning2=100
    SC_AlertIfNotSpeeding=Yes
    SC_ShowOnMap=No
    SC_SpeedFormatInDB=KPH
    SC_DB=Denmark
    Seems to be randomly happening to people! I have a BU-303 myself and it works fine.

    I'm releasing BETA 2 very soon which fixes almost everything from the bugs thread (and hopefully this one after tweaking some of the code)
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    50
    Sounds good to me
    Car PC: Via Epia M10000N ~ Morex Cubid 2699 ~ M2-ATX PSU ~ 512 MB DDR Kingston ~ G-Sat BU-303 GPS mouse ~ 80 GB Samsung 3.5" hdd ~ Ruwido Wireless IR Keyboard w/mouse keys. ~ 7" - MM400 Touch Screen

    www.autopc.dk

  6. #6
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    Will beta 2 have the nag? Can it (or is this already possible) have an option to disable nag screen for those of us using it in embedded frontends...

  7. #7
    Map Monkey Creator Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    Will beta 2 have the nag? Can it (or is this already possible) have an option to disable nag screen for those of us using it in embedded frontends...
    Yes it will, because it's not intended for use other than for testing at the moment!

    As soon as all reported bugs are fixed there will be an official release without the nag.
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

  8. #8
    Raw Wave RoyN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    3,534
    Yeah, I know but it is hard for me to test in car with the nag, because I use the NMC frontend, and it has problesm embedding it due to the frontend... So I havent been able to really test it in car... I'm aware it is beta, and that it isnt 100% stable, but I dont need to be reminded everyyyyy time...

  9. #9
    Map Monkey Creator Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyN
    Yeah, I know but it is hard for me to test in car with the nag, because I use the NMC frontend, and it has problesm embedding it due to the frontend... So I havent been able to really test it in car... I'm aware it is beta, and that it isnt 100% stable, but I dont need to be reminded everyyyyy time...
    Well I think you do!

    I just don't want people using a buggy version, or I'll get no-end of problem posts in this forum. This way it forces them to upgrade to the more stable official release.
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

  10. #10
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by lummy
    I'm having trouble setting up Destinator 3 Frontend v1.1.3 BETA with my BU-303.

    I have installed all the drivers and can lock onto satellites using the GPS Info software that came with the receiver. But when I go into Destinator 3........ and go into Settings > GPS Status > Acquire settings (i think) I can't find the receiver. I can change the com ports from Port 1 or Port 4, but my receiver is in Port 3 !!

    I had previously installed it all and had the receiver on com port 7, and destinator shown com ports 3 and 4, so I rebuilt my machine, thinking that if I install the receiver on com port 3/4 it would be ok, but now it's just driving me batty!!

    Cheers
    try baud 4800
    its working fine with this gps receiver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •