Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Destinator 3 Audio Plugin (1.1.2 and above)

  1. #11
    Map Monkey Creator Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    Well it'll say "Exit to the left" rather than "Left turn" so maybe that will help?
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

  2. #12
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    That will help cause if it says exit left instead of turn left then i would look at the screen

    Thanks this should be good
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  3. #13
    Constant Bitrate vintageb3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz
    Thank you NM. I have change to a newer UK map and resolved my roundabout issue.

    Wizz
    Where can I dowload the newer UK map?

    I too experinace the above bug (Only bug really)...and would like to sort it out

    Thanks

    vintageb3

  4. #14
    FLAC Skraggy_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Warrington UK
    Posts
    1,484
    So does this mean, with a Bluetooth audio gateway installed (and appearing as a sound card), you could have your Frodo/Mediacar/centrafuse music/radio playing through the car speakers, and gps directions playing through a bluetooth headset, so that the rest of your passengers aren't annoyed by SatNav voices piping up in the middle of songs? Kind of cool really.
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

  5. #15
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Skraggy_uk
    So does this mean, with a Bluetooth audio gateway installed (and appearing as a sound card), you could have your Frodo/Mediacar/centrafuse music/radio playing through the car speakers, and gps directions playing through a bluetooth headset, so that the rest of your passengers aren't annoyed by SatNav voices piping up in the middle of songs? Kind of cool really.
    Yes you can Skraggy

    This is why im having speakers in the headrest so i hear the directions and only the passengers hear music or movies

    As long as the BT headseat is shown as a soundcard in windows then you can use this as the main audio for navigation
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  6. #16
    FLAC Skraggy_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Warrington UK
    Posts
    1,484
    I did think about having a seperate USB sound card for audio, but that means more hardware to fit in. Yes, I've used the headset as a Bluetooth soundcard before.

    Was considering whether to use it as the microphone for phone control too. As I know it works in the car.
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

  7. #17
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Skraggy_uk
    I did think about having a seperate USB sound card for audio, but that means more hardware to fit in. Yes, I've used the headset as a Bluetooth soundcard before.

    Was considering whether to use it as the microphone for phone control too. As I know it works in the car.
    Well you can easily make a small program to stop voice directions (mute them) when you pick-up a call
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5

    Using Mini-ITX 5.1 sound channels

    Since we are discussing sending different audio sources to different outputs I am wondering if anyone has thought about a way to use the 3 different sound jacks on the Mini-ITX boards for this.

    With SMARTSound they are 5.1 speakers (front/back/sub). Does anyone know of a utility or similar that could "map" different audio sources to different channels, e.g. Movie sound to "back" channels, MP3 sound to "front" channels and Destinator to "sub" channels?

    I think this would be really great. Especially since there would be no need for additional hardware in an already limited space.

    Any suggestions?
    BrightHead

  9. #19
    C4M
    C4M is offline
    Maximum Bitrate C4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by NiN^_^NiN
    Ahh so it will say left turn at the round about instead of take 2nd exit.

    Well thats good enough for me altho it be nice if it said roundabout turn left so i know to look at the screen for which exit to use but thats not bad
    My Destinator maps say 'take 1st exit' or something similar for a left turn.

    I just drove from Sydney to Adelaide, which involved goign through Victoria, and it was the same there, so I imagine that it's going to be the same in Melbin.

    C!
    http://carpc.riposte.net
    I reserve all rights in connection to each post I author, without exception.

  10. #20
    FLAC NiN^_^NiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightHead
    Since we are discussing sending different audio sources to different outputs I am wondering if anyone has thought about a way to use the 3 different sound jacks on the Mini-ITX boards for this.

    With SMARTSound they are 5.1 speakers (front/back/sub). Does anyone know of a utility or similar that could "map" different audio sources to different channels, e.g. Movie sound to "back" channels, MP3 sound to "front" channels and Destinator to "sub" channels?

    I think this would be really great. Especially since there would be no need for additional hardware in an already limited space.

    Any suggestions?
    BrightHead
    You still have the problem with programs needed to select which channel to use so its not a solution any better than a seperate soundcard.

    Quote Originally Posted by C4M
    My Destinator maps say 'take 1st exit' or something similar for a left turn.

    I just drove from Sydney to Adelaide, which involved goign through Victoria, and it was the same there, so I imagine that it's going to be the same in Melbin.

    C!
    Yah it would be the same I hope the GPS got you there without a hitch?
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •