Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Street data Not Found

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18

    Street data Not Found

    I have downloaded the latest 2004 UK maps, but on quite a few cities when clicking on "street" I get the message "street data not found"
    Ie, city hainault, then try street

    Is this a general thing or do I need to rebuild the data links some how as if I select hainault then display the map all the streets are listed fine.

    I did have a good search but found noone else with the problem.

    Oh yes, if you buy the official maps are they also the latest 2004 version?? as once I've tried it I'd like to buy but wanted to be sure they where.

    Thanks in advance.

    .............Rikk

  2. #2
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikk
    I have downloaded the latest 2004 UK maps, but on quite a few cities when clicking on "street" I get the message "street data not found"
    Ie, city hainault, then try street

    Is this a general thing or do I need to rebuild the data links some how as if I select hainault then display the map all the streets are listed fine.

    I did have a good search but found noone else with the problem.

    Oh yes, if you buy the official maps are they also the latest 2004 version?? as once I've tried it I'd like to buy but wanted to be sure they where.

    Thanks in advance.

    .............Rikk
    I noticed the same thing on my home town - Hyde

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate Bravellir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    741
    I found out something even worst in the iberia map. In the area where I drive most of the time, half of the roads are missing, so i went back to the older version
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    18
    Has anyone got a purchased version with the 2004 and maps and can confirm if all the streets in hainault are available in that please.
    I really don't want to go and buy this to find half the roads missing.

  5. #5
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravellir
    I found out something even worst in the iberia map. In the area where I drive most of the time, half of the roads are missing, so i went back to the older version
    I remember you said that with the Mio maps, is it still the same with the new map as well?

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate Bravellir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    741
    @laidback

    not exactly the same. The afected area is the same but the roads missing are not the all the same. AFAIK this could very well be a very isolated problem. I noticed this on a area of a few square kilometers near where i work. I didn't take the time to check is this appends on other areas of the map.

    even if a minor issue, it's kind of important to me, since I use d3 most of the time to guide me to my custumers address from my office, and without those roads the routing destinator does is kind of "around" the problem heheheh
    Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
    Status -->
    Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
    BraveCar 2.5

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    649
    I am having the same problem with the UK map. When I pick a locality "Glenfield", in the 2004 map I get "no street data". the same locality in the Mio map is described as "Glenfields" and contains all the street/numbering data. Strange !
    I am going to hold both versions on my HDD, and then if I have a problem with the 2004, I can swap to the Mio.

    Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec 1.6
    Carpc :Lin-ITX Plus 7" touchscreen/Toad 8" roof screen
    Morex 3688 case/M2-ATX PSU/Commell V-672 P4 3.2Ghz/1024DDR2/40GB 2.5" SATA HDD/Sony DVD/CDRW
    BU303 GPS/Mercury 11b WiFi/Parking Sensors
    Colour I/R Reversing Camera

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    82
    I found that with the MioMaps, the town I live in (Beverley) did not exist as far as the maps were concerned. When searching by postcode (HU17 9), it showed up as 'East Riding Of Yorkshire' which of course is my County, not Town.

    And then to cap it all off, where I work (Kingston Upon Hull, known as Hull) is listed as 'City of Kingston Upon Hull'

    If a trusted the MioMaps to navigate my (not technology friendly) family around they'd never find their way home!!

    Unfortunately I have no way of knowing if the Official Maps are the same, and I won't pay out to find out they are wrong...

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate wizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leicestershire UK
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwharrison
    I found that with the MioMaps, the town I live in (Beverley) did not exist as far as the maps were concerned. When searching by postcode (HU17 9), it showed up as 'East Riding Of Yorkshire' which of course is my County, not Town.

    And then to cap it all off, where I work (Kingston Upon Hull, known as Hull) is listed as 'City of Kingston Upon Hull'

    If a trusted the MioMaps to navigate my (not technology friendly) family around they'd never find their way home!!

    Unfortunately I have no way of knowing if the Official Maps are the same, and I won't pay out to find out they are wrong...
    Yes, it would be nice to know. As I said in my last post, for now I am keeping both maps available.....not an ideal solution but at least it is very quick to swap maps if you get stuck with data on one of them.
    The other consideration might be the destinator DLL has been altered in the latest version, but not being a Programmer I wouldn't know. Perhaps NM might be able to check that somehow.
    It does seem a shame that we can't take advantage of the latest maps because of these problems.

    Wizz
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec 1.6
    Carpc :Lin-ITX Plus 7" touchscreen/Toad 8" roof screen
    Morex 3688 case/M2-ATX PSU/Commell V-672 P4 3.2Ghz/1024DDR2/40GB 2.5" SATA HDD/Sony DVD/CDRW
    BU303 GPS/Mercury 11b WiFi/Parking Sensors
    Colour I/R Reversing Camera

  10. #10
    Map Monkey Creator Ninja Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Warrington, UK
    Posts
    1,012
    It's nothing to do with Destinator. It seems NAVTEQ are just useless at giving completely accurate mapping data.
    Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Headunit (Linux/Windows CarPC frontend) + initial screenshots
    By NoPistonPC in forum Other Cool Front Ends
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 02:57 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 10:43 PM
  3. Capture GPS data at the flip of a switch
    By Mr. Inquisitive in forum GPS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 06:06 PM
  4. Bug Reports
    By frodobaggins in forum FrodoPlayer
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 12:25 AM
  5. VOICES Traffic Data
    By stevieg in forum V.O.I.C.E.S
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 08:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •