Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: "Map not registered" and "Destinator SDK not for sale" messages *UPDATED*

  1. #11
    Variable Bitrate 12Vsystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    338
    We are developing an application with the Destinator SDK and I have been checking out the forums and sympathizing with everyone who has to work with HSTC.

    I called them today about an error I was getting after compiling my app. I was sure it had something to do with my dll version because I found this Post

    HSTC said they no longer support Destinator 3 SDK and they gave me a copy of the Version 5 SDK. The SDK is completly different and they have even renamed the dll.

    They have taken out the second visual basic example (which had most of the code we need). After looking through the posts here I think I need DestDLL_08_05.zip for my app to work. I called Rafiq at HTSC this morning and he said it wouldn't do me any good to have destdll_08_05.zip because it has already expired.

    If that was true wouldn't everyone using Mapmonkey be sol?

  2. #12
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Yep, everybody using MapMonkey with DestDLL_08_05.zip ...

  3. #13
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Laidback
    Yep, everybody using MapMonkey with DestDLL_08_05.zip ...

    I feel sorry for these people

  4. #14
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer
    I feel sorry for these people
    I bet you do!

  5. #15
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Laidback
    I bet you do!

    I do, I really do, they've spent $50 or 50 can't remember which on the SDK, probably another 150 on the PC pocket version for the maps, and it now doesn't work.

    Plus there's all the hard work Ninja (Map Monkey) and CDR (FreeDrive) have put in to get D3 to work on PC's.



    Especially CDR

  6. #16
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer
    I do, I really do, they've spent $50 or 50 can't remember which on the SDK, probably another 150 on the PC pocket version for the maps, and it now doesn't work.

    Plus there's all the hard work Ninja (Map Monkey) and CDR (FreeDrive) have put in to get D3 to work on PC's.



    Especially CDR
    Just lend them your 'broken' dll then!

  7. #17
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Laidback
    Just lend them your 'broken' dll then!

    Not sure I can find that anymore.




    besides I used some polyfilla on it a couple of months ago, boy does it do what it says on the tin.

  8. #18
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    11

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by 12Vsystems
    We are developing an application with the Destinator SDK and I have been checking out the forums and sympathizing with everyone who has to work with HSTC.

    I called them today about an error I was getting after compiling my app. I was sure it had something to do with my dll version because I found this Post

    HSTC said they no longer support Destinator 3 SDK and they gave me a copy of the Version 5 SDK. The SDK is completly different and they have even renamed the dll.

    They have taken out the second visual basic example (which had most of the code we need). After looking through the posts here I think I need DestDLL_08_05.zip for my app to work. I called Rafiq at HTSC this morning and he said it wouldn't do me any good to have destdll_08_05.zip because it has already expired.

    If that was true wouldn't everyone using Mapmonkey be sol?
    You dont need destdll_08_05.zip file to get your app to work. You need destdll.dll. It just has to be the right one.

  9. #19
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    39
    guys i purchsed the destdll_08_05.zip in may i believe, i tried using my mapmonkey today and it started poping those time bombs and i wasnt able to use my mapmonkey, what's the deal I paid $50 and it's useless, what should I do? thanks

  10. #20
    Raw Wave Laidback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,984
    Quote Originally Posted by marcini
    guys i purchsed the destdll_08_05.zip in may i believe, i tried using my mapmonkey today and it started poping those time bombs and i wasnt able to use my mapmonkey, what's the deal I paid $50 and it's useless, what should I do? thanks
    See the Donkey.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •