Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Street names in Map Monkey

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    55

    Street names in Map Monkey

    K so i just got destinator 3 and am trying it out the whole day, I've been trying for hours and can't seem to get the road names to show on 3D mode or Bird's eye view mode, only in 2D mode is there an solution?
    that and also was wondering if I can SCROLL the map, like just move left and right to check out other streets, I seem to be only be able to view the streets which i set as Origin or Destination.

    O and I'm using mapmonkey's front end of course.

    Any Help?

  2. #2
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    No names in BE or 3d modes

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    55
    =( so really no point in using them is there?

    i remember seeing a 3D one with names, wonder what software that is... ideas?

    what about the scroll function? can you scroll across maps or are we confined?

  4. #4
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by phatchink
    =( so really no point in using them is there?

    i remember seeing a 3D one with names, wonder what software that is... ideas?

    what about the scroll function? can you scroll across maps or are we confined?
    Program with 3d names = copilot and iGudiance.

    Scroll = hold + drag.

  5. #5
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Merseyside
    Posts
    119
    I'm currently trying to get the vertex data from D3 to overlay the roads on my 3D aerial photography version, when i figure it out, i'll show the road names too

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    was Boston -> now Canada!
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Program with 3d names = copilot and iGudiance.

    Scroll = hold + drag.

    That is a negative on 3d names in copilot...At least with CoPilot Live Laptop 8. The street name will show up if you mouse over a specific street.

    Chuck

  7. #7
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster
    That is a negative on 3d names in copilot...At least with CoPilot Live Laptop 8. The street name will show up if you mouse over a specific street.

    Chuck
    Good to know.

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    55
    is it very difficult to put names in 3d maps like a simple function call to fetch the name or is it more complicated then that?

    MapMonkey we need you!

    I'll give iGuidence a try, any feedback bout iGuidence compared to Mapmonkey? I know MS Street and Trips aint good cause the font is too small apparently

  9. #9
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by phatchink
    I'll give iGuidence a try, any feedback bout iGuidence compared to Mapmonkey? I know MS Street and Trips aint good cause the font is too small apparently
    I like iGuidance. There should be a new version coming out in q1/2005... in other words... soon.

  10. #10
    Jesus Freak antimatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,545
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    I like iGuidance. There should be a new version coming out in q1/2005... in other words... soon.
    I'll have to check it out...

    Poop on no street names in 3d view.

    I guidance and routis (same program basically) are the only ones that i know that do this.

    Destinator and Copilot both don't... shoot Copilot 8 is the first version with a 3d view... You think by they get the hint
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RELEASE: Map Monkey v1.1.3
    By Ninja Monkey in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 10:27 AM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:09 AM
  3. Anyone using Map Monkey 1.1.3 with Deluo USB GPS?
    By Chita79 in forum Map Monkey
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 01:06 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 12:11 PM
  5. Think I foubd BUG with map monkey and media car
    By cdevelasco in forum MM Bugs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •