Well, it takes a WHILE to acquire sattelites for the first time.
I just installed Mapmonkey on my car PC. The GPS was found in Mapmonkey (COM1 38400 NMEA), but it doesnt function because it is "acquiring satellites" constantly
What did I wrong?
I tried it for about 10 minutes,any idea how long it takes first time?
My GPS a Leadtek with TMC is found as COM1 NMEA 38400, other mode is not possible, anyone a solution?
im having the same issue i need a way to test this usb gps but i cant seem to find anything thats simple enough for me to test it with in map monkey it sits saying aqquiring satalights
After having my carputer out of action for a few months...it took around 2 days before my bu-303 could get over 4 satellites. After that it takes around 20-30 seconds.
Strange but true!
Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/
Quite odd indeed, this happend to me, i left it on over night and it then found a sat! I had also installed destinator front end and it worked in that, so i thought id try map monkey again and it worked! I not sure whats going on there but it seems to work now! I basically installed both and its now working!
Cant wait to for them to send me the SDK so i can get out in the car and test it properly!