Garo's Extra POI Plugin 1.0 beta 1
I released a plugin for MapMonkey! Here is the readme file...
Garo's Extra POI Plugin 1.0beta1
This is a plugin for MapMonkey that makes possible to use extra poi file like the "official" ones.
- Order POIs from the nearer to the furthest;
- "Cuts" POIs that are further than a specified distance;
- Inform the user when a POI is nearer than a specified distance.
You have to decompress these files into the "C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\Plugins\Garo's Extra POI Plugin"
folder on your harddrive then fill its subfolder "C:\DestinatorApps\Map Monkey\Plugins\Garo's Extra POI Plugin\POI"
with some poi files.
NOTE: You must not copy your POIs into "C:\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common\Favorites " if you want to make them
affected by this plugin!
This plugin supports various POIs file formats:
- TomTom Ov2
- Destinator DAT
- Destinator CSV.
Then, launch MM configuration and configure it.
It works running 3 threads:
- First thread check for near pois and notify them;
- Second thread reorder POIs every a specified amount of time;
- Third thread try to detect if the user is watching the Favourites dialog in MM and in this case reorder POIs
immediately (so, I suggest to wait a couple of seconds before selecting a category, leaving the time to reorder
To edit POI files you can also use another my program:
This is a beta release, please test and report bugs and suggestion here:
Get it here:
Let me know what do you think about it!
PS: This plugin supports both MonkeyTalk and TCP/IP connection with MapMonkey but... With MonkeyTalk I get only the integer part of latitude and longitude! NinjaMonkey, is this a bug?